LegacyGT.com

Deatschwerks 740cc Injector's Thumbs Up!

edmundu

I just thought I would post up a little review on these injectors.

If any of you followed my build up, I was running Nismo 720's, and I specifically chose them because they were a bit smaller than the other choices.(816/850's) Being that I was going to be running alky injection, I didn't need any bigger, plus running a smaller injector is better for drivability.

Well, under WOT the Nismo's were fine, but in closed loop, cold start, idling, it was hit & miss, with mostly miss! Granted, at 1st I had the scale/latencies set wrong, but even afterwards, it only slightly improved.

The biggest obstacle to getting these dialed in was the inability for ST to see the tables that needed adjusting. Without access to them, it is impossible to make them behave oem like.

And so, with that, I decided to ditch them and picked up these Deatschwerks 740's. Upon looking at them, I immediately knew these would workout well. They basically took the stock injector electronics/body, and then used the Nismo's injector screen/tip. In effect making it flow like a Nismo, but behave exactly like stock. I really only needed to adjust the scaler, but me being semi-anal, I also adjusted the intake calibration, so that my fuel trims were +/- 1%.

I have had them in about 1 week now, and they perform just like oem! That's saying alot, because you usually sacrifice some drivability with larger injector's. But not these! Awesome! And they aren't very expensive, I think I paid like $410 for them outright, no core charge.

As for power, I had them at 79% duty with 19.5psi on an Avo450, running 11.2-10.8 afr's, so they have enough in them to support a 450hp turbo on pump gas...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edmundu, thanks for review.

There were some reports of stock injectors failing (early on stock cars, replaced under warranty). This would indicate they are not of highest quality.

Any idea, how does the Deatschwerks treatment affect the realiablity or perhaps not at all?

Don't know about that. But from looking at them, they perform no drilling, or screen removal. It appears like they just used the flow tip part of the Nismo, and the oem injector body.

Afterall, these injector's are indeed both made by JECS, and hence are very similar. As to the reliability of the injector's, time will tell...

Do they use the same plugs? Any wiring needed to swap them in?

Same plugs, no wiring swap needed! They are yellow tops, and identical to the oem's when installed. You only can tell the difference when they are out of the car, as only the part below the small oring is changed.

i know quite a few people use this brand of injectors for maxima's and the like. from what i remember they just modify the tips of the injectors and the stock harnesses and stuff are used. great customer service.

• 4 months later...

Hi Edmundu,

Is the Nismo 720 injector u replaced:

- sidefeed

- high impedance

- for nissan SR20DET/s13/s14/S15 ?

Hello everyone,

Will the JDM v5 STI 550cc/min injector works for your Legacy EJ25 engine?

I am trying to find out whether the Deatschwerks injector for legacy EJ25 engine (i believe is side feed, high impedance) fit in my legacy EJ20T engine (same as Australia Liberty GT) that i have in my part of the world or not. I know for sure that the Nismo injector for SR20DET/S13/S14/S15 fits my engine. Deatschwerks is not quite sure whether their injector for Legacy EJ25T fits my JDM/EURO Legacy EJ20T engine or not.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers!

I just thought I would post up a little review on these injectors.

If any of you followed my build up, I was running Nismo 720's, and I specifically chose them because they were a bit smaller than the other choices.(816/850's) Being that I was going to be running alky injection, I didn't need any bigger, plus running a smaller injector is better for drivability.

Well, under WOT the Nismo's were fine, but in closed loop, cold start, idling, it was hit & miss, with mostly miss! Granted, at 1st I had the scale/latencies set wrong, but even afterwards, it only slightly improved.

The biggest obstacle to getting these dialed in was the inability for ST to see the tables that needed adjusting. Without access to them, it is impossible to make them behave oem like.

And so, with that, I decided to ditch them and picked up these Deatschwerks 740's. Upon looking at them, I immediately knew these would workout well. They basically took the stock injector electronics/body, and then used the Nismo's injector screen/tip. In effect making it flow like a Nismo, but behave exactly like stock. I really only needed to adjust the scaler, but me being semi-anal, I also adjusted the intake calibration, so that my fuel trims were +/- 1%.

I have had them in about 1 week now, and they perform just like oem! That's saying alot, because you usually sacrifice some drivability with larger injector's. But not these! Awesome! And they aren't very expensive, I think I paid like $410 for them outright, no core charge.

As for power, I had them at 79% duty with 19.5psi on an Avo450, running 11.2-10.8 afr's, so they have enough in them to support a 450hp turbo on pump gas...

Hmmmm....I thought I recall that the older style sidefeeds used in EJ20's were a little different than the current EJ25 sidefeeds.

I do know that the Nismo sidefeed I used would fit 90-96 300zx's, and for SR20DET/KA24DE engines. Hope this helps...

I need some DW injectors for my vf40 18G. I am at 112% idc on the stockers!!!! (not driving the car don't worry). Is there any disadvantage to getting 'larger-than-required' injectors? i.e. I probably only need 650's but would 740's also do just fine (and allow for more fuel if needed down the road)? I guess I need a pump too....

My car hauls so much right now I cannot imagine it with the WI. I am contemplating not putting the WI in, just so I don't have complications or worries. Don't have to worry about fluid levels, leaks, etc... etc. And the DDS3 install would be a trip too...

[waits for edmundu to talk me back into it]

You can never have too much fuel. With that in mind you should always try to budget about 20-30% OVER your fuel requirement. As long as you have a proper way to control them, larger is usually better than smaller.

As far as the WI goes, Im sitting at about 350whp without it on my 18g. For me, simpler is better.

You can never have too much fuel. With that in mind you should always try to budget about 20-30% OVER your fuel requirement. As long as you have a proper way to control them, larger is usually better than smaller.

As far as the WI goes, Im sitting at about 350whp without it on my 18g. For me, simpler is better.

I agree. As much as I would love to run WI, as it has its benefits, I just don't really want to worry about it. I also don't want 2 maps (1 for WI, and 1 for no WI).

Thanks guys.. i've checked the top part of my stock legacy EJ20 (bl5) injector (did not remove it, i just unclip the wiring). Appearently, the wiring connector is the same as the one shown on DW website for Legacy EJ25 so i conclude that BL5 EJ20 and EJ25 uses the same type of injector.

BTW, my stock injector is blue in colour. What us USDM Legacy stock injector colour? The injector colour also sort of indicates its flow rate?

IIs there any disadvantage to getting 'larger-than-required' injectors? I guess I need a pump too....

No, you'll be fine as long as you're tuned for them. The DW's use the NISMO 740 injector spray nozzle which makes a good spray pattern. I have those injectors on my Nissan. They are WAY oversized for my current needs and there are zero idle issues. I have the DW 740's here ready to go in with my turbo very soon.

Yes, I would go with the pump as well. The install is easy, a little messy, but easy.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I HAVE it. halfway-installed too.

starting the FS thread now...

That would be a BIG mistake, come summertime!!! I'm telling you, nothing comes close to the chemical cooling effects of alky injection. Not racegas, not fmic....nothing!

You will be giving up a good amount of power come muggy summer heat, and even to some extent in the spring & fall as well. Only in real cold winter do you minimize the gains on smaller turbo's, because you are just about at their flow limits. Whereas in the heat, you push them to the edge or over. This is where the alky is unsurpassed.

Did I tell you I could run dyno pull after pull, after pull without any coolinig down, and make the same power! And this was in 90-92* shop air temps. You could also put your hand on the tmic, and it would be cool to the touch, not warm, but cool! Try that with your tmic or fmic for that matter in that kind of heat, and then tell me you still want to ditch the alky:icon_wink .

That would be a BIG mistake, come summertime!!! I'm telling you, nothing comes close to the chemical cooling effects of alky injection. Not racegas, not fmic....nothing!

You will be giving up a good amount of power come muggy summer heat, and even to some extent in the spring & fall as well. Only in real cold winter do you minimize the gains on smaller turbo's, because you are just about at their flow limits. Whereas in the heat, you push them to the edge or over. This is where the alky is unsurpassed.

Did I tell you I could run dyno pull after pull, after pull without any coolinig down, and make the same power! And this was in 90-92* shop air temps. You could also put your hand on the tmic, and it would be cool to the touch, not warm, but cool! Try that with your tmic or fmic for that matter in that kind of heat, and then tell me you still want to ditch the alky:icon_wink .

well, nitrous goes further then alky, but if he isn't gonna run alky, there is pretty much no chance he'd run nitrous.

Archived