LegacyGT.com

Dealership wants my car to trade. Sorry no deal

Traded my wife's 06 passat with its huge truck space for a new outlander sport. They wanted my 06 legacy gt bad when they found out it was the manual turbo version. Sorry only car ill trade for mines is new A6 once the put a bigger engine with that turbo. :) Still I havent done any thing major to my car. Only GFB BOV and HID's with tinted fronts and tinted oval smoked rear tails lamps. This is not a what I should do tread just glad to be a part of this subaru family enjoying the car and the fun over the years having one.

I get fliers from my local "subbie" dealer stating that my car is in high demand. Trade for a 2012 model. Kick rocks....

Meaning people want your model more than the 2012 so how about we get you to be the sucker and give us your car and we'll give you the less desired model... LOL That's how I would read that letter.

:lol: i just opened a letter yesterday that was so cheesy.

It was a copy of an "email" from Phil, asking the subaru dealership to please pass his info on to me because he really wants to purchase my car. It even said they tried calling me but must have incorrect contact info, and to call them immediately, they're willing to offer 150% of the black book value. dunno what black book value is though.

I am sure it works for some these letters.

Get all excited about your "high trade in" and then overpay for the new vehicle. They could care less what you trade in. Just get a customer in the showroom and sell.

We have a Mits. dealer down the road. They offer $20 oil changes and $10 state inspections($45 normally) to get you in the door ANY vehicle.

It sure is a pain selling car privately. But you sure know what you are getting and what your paying for your next ride.

Doesn't work that way for Spec B's. At least not in Kansas. They want to trade like it is a GT, which according KBB is $6-7k less. Now that I've fixed everything, I don't care anymore. It does everything well and my only gripe is the insurance charges me a high performance adder. I don't understand why, it ain't fast.

I think a lot of this is borne of the fact that so few people haggle anymore. I've rarely given up more than $500 on a car I've been selling from asking price. Dealers don't seem too interested in me though as I refuse to pay inflated prices. Just this weekend I had a dealer try to sell me a 4runner (2010, 36k miles) for the original MSRP. I didn't know how out of line the price was as I went in looking for a 2006, and had only researched it. I later called the salesman back to get an explanation, and as he knew he lost the sale he just told me flat out: Half his customers do no research.

I think a lot of this is borne of the fact that so few people haggle anymore. I've rarely given up more than $500 on a car I've been selling from asking price. Dealers don't seem too interested in me though as I refuse to pay inflated prices. Just this weekend I had a dealer try to sell me a 4runner (2010, 36k miles) for the original MSRP. I didn't know how out of line the price was as I went in looking for a 2006, and had only researched it. I later called the salesman back to get an explanation, and as he knew he lost the sale he just told me flat out: Half his customers do no research.

Having spent most of my life in sales, most people don't buy based on need. They buy based on want and justify the purchase as filling a need. There are people that simply get tired of a vehicle after a couple of years and want a change. Many don't want to deal with maintenance or a vehicle without a warranty. For whatever reason, the idea of a new vehicle is a desire, not a need in most cases.

Archived