LegacyGT.com

Dealership service dept recommendations in Balto-Wash area

musty_hustla

Hi guys. I have a 2010 Legacy and I'm looking for a dealership to perform the maintenance milestones to keep my car's warranty (I do my own oil changes). I went to the dealership I got the car from, and I had a terrible experience with my first (free) oil change. It took them 4 hours to get to me even though I made an appointment, the service staff was rude, and even drove out someone else's car to give to me.:spin:

Anywho...recommendations. :p

Annapolis Subaru is very well known for being a GO-TO dealership for things.

On the note about other shops. There are many specific Subaru shop in the area that will normally do all of the maintenance and at a much lower cost to you.

Just a few shops off the top of my head

DPS tuning in Gaithersburg

Andrewtech also in Gburg

Agile Automotive in Fallston MD

IAG

I am sure there are many more. I personally have dealt with both Agile and DPS and would recommend EITHER. They both do great work and are well known for their work with subarus.

Annapolis Subaru is very well known for being a GO-TO dealership for things.

On the note about other shops. There are many specific Subaru shop in the area that will normally do all of the maintenance and at a much lower cost to you.

Just a few shops off the top of my head

DPS tuning in Gaithersburg

Andrewtech also in Gburg

Agile Automotive in Fallston MD

IAG

I am sure there are many more. I personally have dealt with both Agile and DPS and would recommend EITHER. They both do great work and are well known for their work with subarus.

This...

Another +1 for Annapolis and Agile though! Great group of people at both shops.

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

Valley Motors in Cockeysville, best customer service I've ever had. I never have to wait for than a half-hour for an oil change and everyone knows exactly what they're doing. The head mechanic and I are even on a first name basis and I'm not even there that often. That's my recommendation

Thanks guys. I think I'll try Annapolis Subaru first. Since I got the extended warranty deal, I want them to be able to look up my service history.

A naive question...a couple of these places seem like "race shops", would they be willing to work on a boring 3.6? It's kinda feels like taking a Chevy Cavalier to a Corvette shop.

Most of these "Race shops" employ certified Subaru Technicians so whether stock or not, 3.6 or turbo you will still receive the same service if not better then your local dealer.

And it'll usually cost you slightly less.

• 2 months later...

You won't be dissapointed with the service there.

Just make sure your wearing your apron when the shop dogs come to play. Harley and Scoob are characters!

You won't be dissapointed with the service there.

Just make sure your wearing your apron when the shop dogs come to play. Harley and Scoob are characters!

Agile's prices are pretty high for what they are doing.

In the case of 30k mile services as an example...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1906221

$499, and $749 for 60k miles ($150 more than the WRX's)

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1699245

$399, and $499 for 60k miles (doesn't matter what you drive).

When I looked up IAG's reviews are 100% excellent, Agiles seems to be 50/50 mix. Either you love them or hate them.

15 pages of IAG walks on water in customer service and prices.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368973

4 pages of the stuff.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823341

When I looked up IAG's reviews are 100% excellent, Agiles seems to be 50/50 mix. Either you love them or hate them.

15 pages of IAG walks on water in customer service and prices.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368973

4 pages of the stuff.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823341

i wouldn't say 50/50 on agile, it seems like there were a few handful of negative experiences of which seemed more like misperceptions, agile seemed pretty honest in their versions of the events in which customers had issues with.

in my personal experience with agile they have always been great and helped me out with a lot of retarded issues on my car. i think for general maintenance you really don't need to make the trek out to IAG since you're already local. seems like most of the issues on nasioc were relating to tuning anyway, but you also have to take evyrhting with a grain of salt when reading things on nasioc

Well, to stay on topic, I would probably go to a local shop to get an oil change.

What I took from that review is:

A. As long as they have been in business there is only really 4 or 5 customers who were that impressed by their experience to write about it.

B. Their prices are high, but if they are the closest it probably isn't worth the price to go to the distance to westminster.

C. The issue probably wasn't about Hill as a tuner as much as about him as a businessman (iirc).

Personally, I have been tuned by Hill twice. Conservative and Hill's tuning... Maybe not the best combination in the same sentence. I'm not trying to bash Agile or Hill, I'm sure that getting an oil change at Agile is going to be a swell experience

Best of luck.

If you want to know more about my experiences, you can PM me, I won't bash them here.

Sorry for gramatical errors, responding on a BB sucks.

Archived