LegacyGT.com

Dealers in Mass

cartman

Hello,

I'm preparing to purchase a 05 LGT and was wondering about dealers in Mass. I realize that this forum is sponsored by Planet Subaru, but would like to know if anyone has had a positive experience at PS or at another dealer in Mass.

Thanks.

BTW: I have been to Bertera and Curry, they didn't impress me too much.

....would like to know if anyone has had a positive experience at PS or at another dealer in Mass.

I purchased my 05 LGT from Corey at Planet Subaru. I had an easy, no-hassle experience, and I highly recommend him.

-Casey

I went to Atlantic Subaru in Bourne MA, and the experience was hassle free. Only problem was that they haven't sent me my service coupons... So I have called a few times and still haven't gotten the coupons. I went in for the first service and the service manager makes me feel like I am trying to rip him off, and says I’m not in the computer etc, and makes me pay. So I played along and called his boss who was very polite and apologetic- he refunded my money... I am due for my 7000 mile service and still haven't received my coupons- so hopefully the guy at the service desk wont be an asshat again. Who knows, it might be SOA dragging their feet- might not even be the dealership. At any rate, the buying experience was first rate, ask for Tim.

EDIT: Get black! and if you go for the sedan, dont get the spoiler!

-Hatt

2005 Obsidian Black Legacy GT 5MT Un-Limited Sedan

I also went to Atlantic Subaru was a little more then i wanted to pay but needed it ASAP they were close and the sales staff was easy to deal with...however there service dpt is the worst i have ever delt with! From day one! It was Scratched from someone drying it off with a dirty towel (the did fix it but it took some time) I am also still waiting for parts that were damaged when the car came off the truck 6 months ago...i have shown up 3 times now to have them installed and they still have not gotten the right ones...I will not be returning to them again once i get my freaking parts.

Get black! and if you go for the sedan, dont get the spoiler!

In New England? I agree..black looks great, but won't it be a bi*ch to keep clean?

Does the LGT become unstable @ highway sppeds w/out the spoiler? I test drove one a few months ago, but didn't get to go past 60.

I liked it though and have chosen it over a WRX.

Thanks for the input.

I went to Natick Subaru with my Grandfather and i had never meet such a rude sails man i wanted to deck the guy after he told my grand farther he would "walk him" after a low hypothetical offer he made just to get the guy talking...and when my grandfather said you would what? giving the guy a chance to be a little more tactful...the mans reply was, he would walk us off of the lot if we offered a price that low. Needles to say that was not necessary

I am in the midst of dealing with Natick Subaru on my Legacy purchase, and I can say that although I have not been 100% satisfied with the experience I know the tricks of the trade (I'm in the business) and have been able to talk business with them on a respectable level.

I am in the midst of dealing with Natick Subaru on my Legacy purchase, and I can say that although I have not been 100% satisfied with the experience I know the tricks of the trade (I'm in the business) and have been able to talk business with them on a respectable level.

You shouldn't have to know the tricks of the trade to get a fair deal. I went to Planet Subaru and dealt with Corey. Price was all preset with him on AIM. I walked in, wasn't sure if we wanted the Leg GT, OBXT, or Forester XT. Test drove all three (took about 1.5 hours cuz he let us drive wherever we wanted). Then decided on the Outback. Deal took 0 minutes...no haggling. The dealer didn't try to sell you extended warranties, undercoating, etc. Got financing and all that stuff easy as cake. Highly recommend it.

My pastor also bought from them and had a similar experience. Everyone there is VERY knowledgable about the cars they sell.

I went to Atlantic Subaru in Bourne MA, and the experience was hassle free. Only problem was that they haven't sent me my service coupons... So I have called a few times and still haven't gotten the coupons. I went in for the first service and the service manager makes me feel like I am trying to rip him off, and says I’m not in the computer etc, and makes me pay. So I played along and called his boss who was very polite and apologetic- he refunded my money... I am due for my 7000 mile service and still haven't received my coupons- so hopefully the guy at the service desk wont be an asshat again. Who knows, it might be SOA dragging their feet- might not even be the dealership. At any rate, the buying experience was first rate, ask for Tim.

EDIT: Get black! and if you go for the sedan, dont get the spoiler!

Funny thing, I was just in there (Atlantic Subaru), and they said the same thing to me about not being in the computer. I was in the computer but I did not have the coupon book. I called SOA and they said that they should have taken my being in the computer and called them to get the coupon number. Now I am 400 miles over my oil change. Usually I have really good luck with Atlantic Subaru. Jack is great in the parts department.

North End Subaru/Mazda is awesome in Lunenburg. Not only that, if you tell them I sent ya...you will get taken care of.....good friends with the managers =)

My last car was a Mazda6 just traded up for the 05 LTD GT......good move me!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We also purchased at North End. Great deal, $500 under dealer invoice.

No haggling whatsoever over price. First oil change cost $24, did it while I waited, ~45 minutes. Charlie was our sales guy. Not very knowledgeable about the car. But, I had done my research before going. In fact the owner heard me spewing facts about the car and asked me if I wanted a job! They even called us 2 days later to find out if everything was working OK. I'd recomend them.

• 1 year later...

if you're in the western mass area, i highly recommend rally subaru in feeding hills, CT. it's probably 15 mins away from you on rt. 75 (bradley airport rd).

friendly service, definitely treat you well there.

Archived