LegacyGT.com

Dealer M1 Oil Change

I went to my dealer to order the side mirror today. I ask them how much do they charge for Mobil 1 oil change .........$90 :eek: and $70 labor to put my side mirror on. (I have my own part)

How much is your dealer charge for Mobil 1 oil change?

I went to my dealer to order the side mirror today. I ask them how much do they charge for Mobil 1 oil change .........$90 :eek: and $70 labor to put my side mirror on. (I have my own part)

Is there a reason you are concealing the name of this dealer?

The H6 holds 6.5 quarts, and I don't remember the exact amount but Manchester [NH] Subaru charged me between $50-60, about what Pep boys charges.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Tzarof, The Costco deal is the best. Jiffy Lube will manually add the Mobil 1 and give a slight discount for bringing your own oil. (You need to bring your own Fram filter if you have a turbo.) I have a Jiffy Lube "Special Olympics" coupon book that fixes oil changes at $21.00. (The book is enough for more than a year for both of my Subie's). Most quick lube places will add "synthetic just as good as Mobil 1" for an upcharge. Two points: 1.) Mobil One, other than Amzoil, is the only true commercial synthetic. 2.) If you have the lube place upgrade to their synthetic, how do you know the $8.00 an hour worker pressed the right button on the dispensor? You don't. Other than the $45.00 per quart synthetic recommended for Ferrari's (they use 12 quarts, you do the math), Mobil 1 is the only oil to use if you plan on keeping your car long term. Naturally if you have a lease car, all of this is a moot point except to the next owner.

55 or so bones at the grease monkey every 5-6 k miles.

f**k the dealership. had a very poor service experience the one and only time i took it in. i don't want to take my car in for the 15k which i think is pointless to do anyhow. they cant even get an alignment right without joyriding. f**k them.

The Subaru dealers here charge about $35 - $40 for an oil change. I only took it once for that, that was enough.

They overfilled it by probably 1/2 qt and of course it took forever. Most service centers overfill from my experience.

I just have to take-off that plastic cover and will do all the oil changes myself for now on.

I'm fed up with Subaru dealer service prices. the two dealers closest to Cody quoted $600 for the 30K service that I had done at Doug Smith Subaru in American Fork, Utah for under $300.00. The Doug Smith service included more items than Subaru requires and the other dealers had in their quotes. They even gave me a free loaner Forester for the day!

I get the LGT's oil changed at the local Ford dealer. They treat me very well and allow me to drive my own car on and off the lift. It's definately worth $15 labor to watch the Legacy spray oil all over the oil change technician instead of me. I bring along a Walmart 5 qt. jug of Mobil 1 and a Mobil 1 filter. Don at the Ford dealer has never over-filled my sump - something I can't say about two Subaru dealers in California.

If I never buy another Subaru, it will be because finding good dealer service is such a crap-shoot. I've always been able to find a decent dealer (closer than 500 miles) to service every other make of car I've ever owned.

I'm fed up with Subaru dealer service prices. the two dealers closest to Cody quoted $600 for the 30K service that I had done at Doug Smith Subaru in American Fork, Utah for under $300.00. The Doug Smith service included more items than Subaru requires and the other dealers had in their quotes. They even gave me a free loaner Forester for the day!

I get the LGT's oil changed at the local Ford dealer. They treat me very well and allow me to drive my own car on and off the lift. It's definately worth $15 labor to watch the Legacy spray oil all over the oil change technician instead of me. I bring along a Walmart 5 qt. jug of Mobil 1 and a Mobil 1 filter. Don at the Ford dealer has never over-filled my sump - something I can't say about two Subaru dealers in California.

If I never buy another Subaru, it will be because finding good dealer service is such a crap-shoot. I've always been able to find a decent dealer (closer than 500 miles) to service every other make of car I've ever owned.

Amen brother;) I owned an Infiniti before my LGT and the service was awesome! My Subaru dealer experience from buying to service has convinced me that unfortunately Subaru will never be a top tier car. Dont get me wrong, I think my car is great:wub:, but the dealer network is not.

Costco sells the Mobil One buy the case, not to worry though, the extra quart will get used eventually:)

Both are $5/quart so you are not saving anything buying 6 quarts at once. Why pay for something you are not going to use until later. Besides, the 5 quart jug from WallyWorld is great for recycling used oil. ;)

You should of spent the $300 or so on the right tools needed to do it yourself...

What's that saying about teaching a man to fish, feeds him forever....

Doing my own scheduled maintenance is fine. $297 for the 30K was a fair price. If I had to pay $600, I would have gotten grease under my fingernails.

In fact, I just replaced the brake fluid with Ate Typ 200 using my Motive Power Bleeder. As I mentioned before, it's worth $15 to have the guys at my local Ford dealer get dirty changing my oil.

The problem with Subaru service is relying on them for major repairs. I'd rather not.:spin::spin::spin:

I forgot to mention that the overpriced service was quoted my multi-line dealers.

I asked, "How much for a 30k ..."

The service writers interrupted, "$600!)

I said, "Wait I haven't told you what kind of car I own. I could be a Cadillac, Hummer, Kia or Subaru."

The service writer said, "They're all $600."

• 9 months later...

Kin, DiFeo Subaru is absolutely HORRIBLE! Their pricing is insane and their service department took me for a ride. I sent this letter below to DiFeo auto as well as the BBB:

On 07/23/08, I brought my 2006 Subaru Legacy GT into DiFeo's service shop at 315 Clen Denny Avenue for a routine diagnostic assessment. The vehicle's fiberglass front chin spoiler was cracked as a result of a DiFeo mechanic driving it down the steep ramp proceeding towards 440N.

Upon noticing the damage to my vehicle, and in an expedient manner, I immediately notified Ken Barker, DiFeo Subaru's service manager, and filed a verbal complaint. He promised to order a new fiberglass front chin spoiler equivalent to the one on my vehicle and install it AT NO CHARGE TO ME. I provided him with the website to where I ordered the aftermarket part from Mach V Motorsports (http://www.http://www.fastwrx.com/) and he confirmed DiFeo would order it PROMPTLY and contact me when it shipped.

Over a full month later and no less than 15 inquiries into the matter, I was told by Ken Barker that DiFeo's parts department erroneously ordered a front chin spoiler for a Subaru WRX - not a Legacy GT. At this point I began to get the impression that Ken Barker was stonewalling but still gave him the benefit of the doubt as mistakes DO happen. He maintained that DiFeo would rectify the damage at no expense to me.

Some 3 weeks later on 09/12/08, I again contacted Ken Barker to check the status on the front chin spoiler but he alleged that Mach V Motorsports did NOT have the part in stock. To my dismay, I called the company within minutes (571-434-8333) and discovered that the front chin spoiler was in fact in stock. I spoke with Mach V's customer service rep and learned that the front chin spoiler was in stock FOR MONTHS. I ordered it on the spot and paid via credit card. The front chin spoiler arrived at my house via UPS standard ground shipping on 09/16/08.

I wasted no time contacting Mr. Barker for the installation appointment but TWICE he deferred on scheduling me citing it was a busy season for DiFeo. I refused to unjustifiably continue waiting given the aforementioned delays, so on the morning of 09/19/08, I drove to the DiFeo service shop with the part and had it installed free of charge as I'd expected - but only to drive away without being reimbursed for the associated charge on my credit card.

Ken Barker pacified my anxiety by verifying that I'd be reimbursed in the amount of $446.68 (the cost of the front chin spoiler plus shipping & handling fees) but that it would take about a week for the DiFeo claims department to generate the check. A copy was made of my Mach V Motorsports receipt and I was told the check would be in the mail within days. Today is 10/14/08 and I have yet to receive my promised compensation.

I urgently feel this is a matter that needs the Better Business Bureau's attention. After enduring the multiple mistakes on the part of DiFeo's service and parts department, all I have are Ken Barker's leery promises underlined by severe delays. I have never been serviced so poorly by any car dealership in the past and as a result, have now informed my family, friends and co-workers to avoid conducting business with DiFeo.

Do you guys always replace the crush ring / washer when you change your oil? I have never done this. I have been changing oil in my cars for 16 years now and no problems so far. What gives?

Only risk I see is a slight sweating.

But I usually try to also make sure that I have a magnetic oil plug if possible.

453747.png

I asked, "How much for a 30k ..."

The service writers interrupted, "$600!)

I said, "Wait I haven't told you what kind of car I own. I could be a Cadillac, Hummer, Kia or Subaru."

The service writer said, "They're all $600."

OK - $600 for a Ferrari is cheap.

Maybe the service writer will learn to shut up and ask what car next time.

453747.png

I agree $600 is quite a bit. We are a few hundred under that price for the service.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Only risk I see is a slight sweating.

But I usually try to also make sure that I have a magnetic oil plug if possible.

I buy Subaru filters from a couple of the wholesale dealerships, and they usually include the crush ring, so I just do it anyway.

No I don't think it's a big deal if it's not changed every time.

Actually Autozone has a deal (they seem to keep renewing it every month). 5 quarts of mobile one or mobile one extended PLUS a mobile one filter for just shy of $30. Hell of a deal! I was quite happy when i went to buy oil yesterday.

smart service charged me 33.95 and i brought amsoil.

Kin, DiFeo Subaru is absolutely HORRIBLE! Their pricing is insane and their service department took me for a ride. I sent this letter below to DiFeo auto as well as the BBB:

On 07/23/08, I brought my 2006 Subaru Legacy GT into DiFeo's service shop at 315 Clen Denny Avenue for a routine diagnostic assessment. The vehicle's fiberglass front chin spoiler was cracked as a result of a DiFeo mechanic driving it down the steep ramp proceeding towards 440N.

Upon noticing the damage to my vehicle, and in an expedient manner, I immediately notified Ken Barker, DiFeo Subaru's service manager, and filed a verbal complaint. He promised to order a new fiberglass front chin spoiler equivalent to the one on my vehicle and install it AT NO CHARGE TO ME. I provided him with the website to where I ordered the aftermarket part from Mach V Motorsports (www.http://www.fastwrx.com/) and he confirmed DiFeo would order it PROMPTLY and contact me when it shipped.

Over a full month later and no less than 15 inquiries into the matter, I was told by Ken Barker that DiFeo's parts department erroneously ordered a front chin spoiler for a Subaru WRX - not a Legacy GT. At this point I began to get the impression that Ken Barker was stonewalling but still gave him the benefit of the doubt as mistakes DO happen. He maintained that DiFeo would rectify the damage at no expense to me.

Some 3 weeks later on 09/12/08, I again contacted Ken Barker to check the status on the front chin spoiler but he alleged that Mach V Motorsports did NOT have the part in stock. To my dismay, I called the company within minutes (571-434-8333) and discovered that the front chin spoiler was in fact in stock. I spoke with Mach V's customer service rep and learned that the front chin spoiler was in stock FOR MONTHS. I ordered it on the spot and paid via credit card. The front chin spoiler arrived at my house via UPS standard ground shipping on 09/16/08.

I wasted no time contacting Mr. Barker for the installation appointment but TWICE he deferred on scheduling me citing it was a busy season for DiFeo. I refused to unjustifiably continue waiting given the aforementioned delays, so on the morning of 09/19/08, I drove to the DiFeo service shop with the part and had it installed free of charge as I'd expected - but only to drive away without being reimbursed for the associated charge on my credit card.

Ken Barker pacified my anxiety by verifying that I'd be reimbursed in the amount of $446.68 (the cost of the front chin spoiler plus shipping & handling fees) but that it would take about a week for the DiFeo claims department to generate the check. A copy was made of my Mach V Motorsports receipt and I was told the check would be in the mail within days. Today is 10/14/08 and I have yet to receive my promised compensation.

I urgently feel this is a matter that needs the Better Business Bureau's attention. After enduring the multiple mistakes on the part of DiFeo's service and parts department, all I have are Ken Barker's leery promises underlined by severe delays. I have never been serviced so poorly by any car dealership in the past and as a result, have now informed my family, friends and co-workers to avoid conducting business with DiFeo.

contact SOA and tell them you're going to contact the BBB, also call the dealership and tell them you're going to contact the BBB and your local senator unless this is fixed immediately.

contact SOA and tell them you're going to contact the BBB, also call the dealership and tell them you're going to contact the BBB and your local senator unless this is fixed immediately.

Definitely call SOA!

However, the BBB is a waste of time. Instead, I would contact the attorney General and be very brief but state all the facts. The BBB is not going to be very helpful in going after the same shops that fund them to satisfy a customer. The AG is a much more powerful route and gets results. I would also contact your local news as well.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived