LegacyGT.com

dealer cost

i found a suitable answer [quote name='coolbluelb']Dealers pay invoice minus hold back. In the past, Subaru's hold back has been 3% of MSRP. So... if dealer invoice is $25,154 (as listed on Mastro Subaru's web page) for a GT non-limited, and MSRP is $27,171, then the dealer's actual price is nearer to $24,339. The actual cost to the dealer could be even lower, if rebates or incentives were offered from SOA.[/quote]

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Tide']This topic has been covered before, try searching.[/quote] :o Jawol, Mein Herr! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest *Jedimaster*
There's all kinds of stuff. Holdback, incentives, etc. Never feel bad when they tell you how they're "not making anything on the car". Gimme a break! I'm just such a special guy, they decided to break even, just for me? :lol:

It depends on the time of year and a lot of variables. SoCalGT it's definately not 5 to 7% below invoice. Every manufacturer has a holdback but the equation varies for each one. Some dealerships will literally lose money on a car for several reasons. If it's a demo, they know the customer will finance through them, will buy accessories or extended warranty, or like currenty subaru is breathing down new england dealer throats to push more units and to screw gross per deal. Also stuff like if the car is "rare" which people think for an 05 legacy gt it sometime is since there aren't a ton sitting on lots but the point is this. It's an 05 and you can always get more so they will actually work down price SOMETIMES. Like an outback ll bean 05 not a chance, but a legacy gt yes. 04's you get big rebates but not a lot of movement sorta since they don't simply don't make them anymore so you can have people hold out for rarity or one only of cars.

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

Guest *Jedimaster*
Salesman? [quote name='Viperenvy']It depends on the time of year and a lot of variables. SoCalGT it's definately not 5 to 7% below invoice. Every manufacturer has a holdback but the equation varies for each one. Some dealerships will literally lose money on a car for several reasons. If it's a demo, they know the customer will finance through them, will buy accessories or extended warranty, or like currenty subaru is breathing down new england dealer throats to push more units and to screw gross per deal. Also stuff like if the car is "rare" which people think for an 05 legacy gt it sometime is since there aren't a ton sitting on lots but the point is this. It's an 05 and you can always get more so they will actually work down price SOMETIMES. Like an outback ll bean 05 not a chance, but a legacy gt yes. 04's you get big rebates but not a lot of movement sorta since they don't simply don't make them anymore so you can have people hold out for rarity or one only of cars.[/quote]

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Viperenvy'][quote name='jedimaster']Salesman? [/quote] :D Maybe, hehe, IM me if you want to know something specific when it comes to stuff like that[/quote] Ah, secret agent then ;) I just figured you were in sales as I can't imagine anyone else taking the side of the dealer ;)

I went to one dealer that seemed really eager to sell me a car and I told them I was talking with another dealer. So when they tried to stick me with invoice+$300, I said that's the same price I'm getting at the other dealer. Finally I told them that I'll buy from them there and then if they give me the car (base GT) with all the options for 24k. So that's how much I ended up paying for my GT.

[quote name='CombatCQB']I went to one dealer that seemed really eager to sell me a car and I told them I was talking with another dealer. So when they tried to stick me with invoice+$300, I said that's the same price I'm getting at the other dealer. Finally I told them that I'll buy from them there and then if they give me the car (base GT) with all the options for 24k. So that's how much I ended up paying for my GT.[/quote] for 24k? what kind of options are we talking about?

[quote name='llmask'][quote name='CombatCQB']I went to one dealer that seemed really eager to sell me a car and I told them I was talking with another dealer. So when they tried to stick me with invoice+$300, I said that's the same price I'm getting at the other dealer. Finally I told them that I'll buy from them there and then if they give me the car (base GT) with all the options for 24k. So that's how much I ended up paying for my GT.[/quote] for 24k? what kind of options are we talking about?[/quote] All the options "I wanted" is what I should have said. I got auto dim mirrors, floor mats and mirror.

I assume this is a manual one too and not in the new england area. Certain areas of the US pay a surchage on addition to the destination charge. So 24,000 when you say 24k or what? I'm assuming 24,000 before any fees or taxes.

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

[quote name='Viperenvy']I assume this is a manual one too and not in the new england area. Certain areas of the US pay a surchage on addition to the destination charge. So 24,000 when you say 24k or what? I'm assuming 24,000 before any fees or taxes.[/quote]Yup, it's a manual. However, I did buy it in up-state New York. The final price was $24,280 because they couldn't find one w/o spoiler and security upgrade. So the final options were auto mirror, floor mats, spoiler and security.

Archived