LegacyGT.com

Dead pedal is dead!!!

BigT

hey Guys I just got my dead pedal in the mail, so I went out to the car, popped out the two black pieces pushed them through the dead pedal and now I'm trying to put the black push its back in the hole, and they are pretty loose. My pedal is just sitting there. I must be doing something wrong. Any ideas?

-T

Are the plastic pins broken? If not, then make sure you're pushing the pins in *fully*... push as hard as you can into the hole(s). Do one pin at a time.

If they're somehow broken... well there's Gorilla Glue. ;)

But I doubt they're broken.

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Have you removed the original plastic dead pedal or are you trying to put your new dead pedal on top of, instead in place of the original one?

My OEM one was glued down to the carpeting, so it had to be pried up, and the new one needed to be glued in place 'cause the two plastic pins didn't hold it down tightly and allowed some movement.

When I did this and as stated you have to remove the old one first. Also, like was mentioned about the OEM one was glued as well, you have to take a carpet knife of razor blade to kinda cut the carpet away from the pedal... I didn't use glue when I installed the new dead pedal but it is a bit loose
Dave

Guest *Jedimaster*
When I did this and as stated you have to remove the old one first. Also, like was mentioned about the OEM one was glued as well, you have to take a carpet knife of razor blade to kinda cut the carpet away from the pedal... I didn't use glue when I installed the new dead pedal but it is a bit loose

Same here.

I used some Gorilla Glue - use it sparingly because it's a foaming type adhesive. I just had my carpet replaced under warranty due to the hole worn through by the gas pedal. When they reinstalled my dead pedal, they didn't glue it. It moves all around and the pop-its don't stay in. I think I'll leave it alone - the Spec B LHD dead pedal should be available in the Parts catalog soon and I will swap it to that.

I used some Gorilla Glue - use it sparingly because it's a foaming type adhesive. I just had my carpet replaced under warranty due to the hole worn through by the gas pedal. When they reinstalled my dead pedal, they didn't glue it. It moves all around and the pop-its don't stay in. I think I'll leave it alone - the Spec B LHD dead pedal should be available in the Parts catalog soon and I will swap it to that.

hmmmm.... wonder what that looks like.... maybe you just need new popit thingies

Dave

Thanks, I think I'm just gonna leave it loose beacuse I don't really know about removing the old one. I'd rather just leave it there in case I ever sell the car. As for now pop-its, that idea is worth a try. I'll ask the manager when I bring my car in on the 27th. I'm also getting my perrin intake put in then. :)

-T

Oh... so you didn't remove the old dead pedal? You just tried to put the new one on? That's your problem :)

Seriously, it's UBER EASY to remove the old pedal. After you remove the two plastic pins, just get a small knife and cut away at the glue backing the old pedal. I seriously doubt you would do anything to the carpet underneath the pedal unless you just plain ripped the pedal off, which given the glue they use would be a pretty hard thing to do anyway.

I'm a relative n00b to cars, and trust me the dead pedal is dead easy :D

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Archived