LegacyGT.com

cylinder misfires aaaand

rapture

so today i was driving on 95 and went to shift from 4th to 5th...but mistakenly shifted into 3rd....boom poped engine light and imediatly pulled out of 3rd gear back into fouth and car was bucking back and forth a bit. limped her back to the house which fortunately was only bout a mile away....called AAA and at my buddy's shop the scanner is popping cylinder 3 and 4 misfire codes.... so im replaceing coilpacks and plugs hopefully this end's there....any body care to chime in with advice or experience?:redface:

actually got quite lucky...had my mechanic look at it and he daignosed it as bad ignition coils and burned up plugs....car saw such a spike in voltage from the miss shift but i didnt engage 3rd gear long enough to cause any internal or drivetrain issues.. it burned up the coils and plugs thank the lord relatively cheap fix compared to what could of happened.....thank u lord!!! btw mods u can close this if u want to sorry i posted in the wrong spot..

actually got quite lucky...had my mechanic look at it and he daignosed it as bad ignition coils and burned up plugs....car saw such a spike in voltage from the miss shift but i didnt engage 3rd gear long enough to cause any internal or drivetrain issues.. it burned up the coils and plugs thank the lord relatively cheap fix compared to what could of happened.....thank u lord!!! btw mods u can close this if u want to sorry i posted in the wrong spot..

Wow you did get lucky. Good to hear.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 2 weeks later...
is this a warranty issue?

you probably spun a bearing by doing this. my buddy did the same thing in his wrx, since the rpms shoot up so quick and the rev limiter doesn't catch it in time

This would not be a warranty issue since it was user error.

Second of all, the REV LIMITER DOES NOT prevent an over rev situation from putting the car into the incorrect gear. The rev limiter will prevent you from blowing the motor due to keeping in the gas through redline.

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpghttp://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/141039922.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://upload.pbase.com/image/137566671.jpg

Call directly as We carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

after reading your outcome, i don't feel bad about saying that the first thing i thought of when i saw your title was.

cylinder misfire aaaaaand...... smokin the reefer.

I could suck start a snow blower.

pfffft actually i was not under the influence of anything other than rage cause some a hole had no effing clue how to merge so when i went to pass and shifted going from 4th to 5th i missed... so what ...car is fine now and thread should be closed please!

i was never implying that you were under the influence of anything.

i'm simply saying that the 'aaaaand' part of your title made me think of the quote from super troopers.

that's all.

I could suck start a snow blower.

pfffft actually i was not under the influence of anything other than rage cause some a hole had no effing clue how to merge so when i went to pass and shifted going from 4th to 5th i missed... so what ...car is fine now and thread should be closed please!

Holy ish man, I can't think of anything worse than blowing up a motor because I got mad/cut off by some asshat.

GOOD THING IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!! I did not post when I first read it because I was dreading the outcome. Relieved it worked out for you.:)

Archived