LegacyGT.com

Custom exhaust

underdog1425

Since legacygt.com seems to be the 'how can i get a cool looking performanceish part for as cheap as possible?' headquarters, why don't I see any straight pipes + resonators + resonating tips setups?

My understanding with that type of setup is that with a good exhaust shop you can have a beautiful custom tone for under $500 with a mixture of those 3 elements....??

Just curious here.

thats quite the quote but i am pretty sure any forum would be the same way. Who here is like "dude im buying a CBE and its titanium and costs 2500 bucks!!!! sounds just like a $300 custom job yo but way more expensive." Each CBE is different in sound and aesthetics. Some people prefer different things. There are video in the exhaust section of different setups and there video of people with straight pipes and resonators. Youtube is your friend.

thats quite the quote but i am pretty sure any forum would be the same way. Who here is like "dude im buying a CBE and its titanium and costs 2500 bucks!!!! sounds just like a $300 custom job yo but way more expensive." Each CBE is different in sound and aesthetics. Some people prefer different things. There are video in the exhaust section of different setups and there video of people with straight pipes and resonators. Youtube is your friend.

If you can find them feel free to save any onlookers the mind-numbing searching that I have already -fruitlessly- done. Granted I haven't exactly waded through lgt.com's section.

I have however spent more 2-3hr episodes than I care to think about scouring youtube for exhaust setups and have had very little luck at all (literally like 3 or 4 turned up) finding this particular method on these cars.

Yeah I just got done doing a custom catback from a 1 7/8 to a 2.25inch pipe with a resonator to my hks muffler costed me 145 and sounds great probably the same proformance as some of the 800+ set ups

I spent what 400 on a whole system pretty much

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lvER3s971I]Legacy GT stage 2 no mufflers - YouTube[/ame]

this is with stock resonator and no mufflers...extra couple feet of custom pipe with your desired tips and your would have a very similar setup. Whatever resonator your choose will dictate the tone of your exhaust.

Thanks for doing that, I'll listen when I get home. I have been meaning to do that with my cars.

My 09 Spec has no mufflers and the OEM resonator. I think it sounds great when I start it cold and it idles on the choke.

My wagon is catless and I have 2 washers between the stock cans and the Y pipe.

I'd recommend to anyone who is thinking about spending big bucks on an exhaust to pull the mufflers off first and start the car.

Home now, yea the second one sounds like my Spec B.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Since legacygt.com seems to be the 'how can i get a cool looking performanceish part for as cheap as possible?' headquarters, why don't I see any straight pipes + resonators + resonating tips setups?

My understanding with that type of setup is that with a good exhaust shop you can have a beautiful custom tone for under $500 with a mixture of those 3 elements....??

Just curious here.

because we dont drive wrx's.

and i like to think that we all have different tastes when it comes to how we want our car to sound. loud and obnoxious 24-7 is not everyones preference.

Archived