LegacyGT.com

Cup holder slide cover won't open!

Acil

I got in my LGT last night to find to my horror that the center cup holder slide cover would not open! I attempted to give it a little more reason to open, and all I managed to do was bend a couple of the slats out of shape.

I've got an appointment with subaru to have it looked at, but I was wondering, has anyone seen of this, or had this happen to them?

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

I'll see if I can't find the thread that outlines how to do that and let you know... I get off work in a couple minutes, I'll check it out when I get home.

0 rows returned

Did you put something inside that could block it from opening? It could be resting in one of the many ridges?

Thats my leading theory but I can't think of what it could be. I thought about putting a wire hanger in there and seeing if I could knock it down, but no luck.

0 rows returned

I worked with it forward and back a couple times...I finally got it far enough back to fit my fingers into it and found the culprit: a pen that a mechanic left in my car from when I brought it in to get my spoiler installed. Now, there is a little damange to the slide cover... do you think subaru will repair it under warranty? does it matter that their tech left it in my car in the cup holder?

0 rows returned

Archived