LegacyGT.com

Cup holder, armrest storage rattle.

Lie495s14

The cup holder and armrest storage rattles when going over bumps at high speed on the high way. I hear that rattle on every little bump, it's driving me nuts(sounded like i had a full box of CD cases). lol.

The rattle goes away if i apply pressure on the armrest(screws are sure teighten). I unscrewed 2 bolts holding armrest on to the frame, and lift it up when driving over bumps, no more rattling! It is down to fix the problem now.

I put cushion between mounting potions of armrest storage box and frame, which didn't fix the rattlling. I believe it's the cup holder making contects with surrounding plastics causing the rattling. I'm unable to take apart the whole armrest storage and cup holder peice, something around E brake is holding it down, i have a 5mt. Can anybody help ?

I think I have a similiar rattle. I know where it is coming from...

The button to raise the armrest. As soon as I put my arm or even finger on it it stops. I just haven't fixed it yet.

Brian

Mine rattles even after i took out the armrest. is your armrest the one with extension? there are 4 little screws holding the armrest, you'll see them if you open the armrest. check to see if they are lose, some people had 3 out of 4 are losen or fall out.

• 1 month later...
I have this buzz/rattle from the sliding top of the cup holder. Can not figure out how to stop it, other than, when it starts, I put pressure on the lip of the sliding top and it stops.

i fixed mine. By taping alot foams inside(I mean everywhere) the center armrest and cupholder. I took out the whole unit, includes seat warmer controler. also tape 2 sides where plastic meets the cartpet. you can find foam tape in homedepot where window section is. 1 roll of thinner tape, and 1 roll of fatter tape will get the job done.

Archived