LegacyGT.com

Cubby Gauge Pods

Bored today, decided to finally make a cubby gauge pod. Thinking about making a few more (15ish depending on how much material I have left). Will hold 2 52mm gauges, much like the one from JCS. Would anyone be interested in one of these? I'm thinking like 15/each. I can also probably make a single pod that takes up half of the cubby so theres room for cell phone/cigarettes. Cubby door will still close with plate and gauges installed. Picture is without gauge holes cut, need to go to the hardware store tomorrow and get a hole saw. PM or reply and let me know.

0425111759.jpg.c98bab8355d8cb474b4c697b4ae2b016.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am making these out of aluminum. It does not have the 90 degree bend on the bottom. I was thinking some double sided tape on the far left and right side to keep it attached to the cubby. Since the picture was my first attempt at making one of these, I had to keep cutting more and more off to get a perfect fit. Now that I have all of the proper measurements, the rest of them will be of better quality. I will take a few more pictures later today when I get home, here is one of the single pod, but it was taken at night with my phone and needs more work.

0425112112.jpg.369edd7a54baa0b8925753c639c441e0.jpg

what are you making this out of? Plexiglass? Does it have the 90degree bend on the bottom that sits on the edge of cubby hole if ya know what i mean?

Im sure I could make the 90degree bend work tho if that is what you are looking for. I am making all (hopefully) of these one at a time and fitting them in my car to assure proper fitment, so I could see what I can do with that

going to work on the single pod now to try to get better fitment. problem I ran into was that it only came out 56mm so holding a 52mm gauge would be rather tough seeing it only has 2mm of space on top and bottom. Would you guys/gals be looking for single or doubles? doubles are a hell of alot easier to make than the singles, but its all good.

So I remade the single, came out alot better this time. I have included a picture of the single out of the car, the single in the car, and a closer picture of the double. Take into consideration that the double is the first one I made, which was cut and recut and recut to get it to fit, so now that I have all of the measurements the next ones will come out with straight cuts.

The single gauge holder needed to be cut on the side that sits inside of the cubby to ease instalation and allow the top to sit behind the lip of the cubby door. Also, with a little bevel, the pod fits perfectly. I originally thought that I wanted a double for myself, but after making these, I want a single. One is not more difficult to make than the other, so just let me know who would like what and I will hand make one for you.

Also if anyone who wants one of these is in the Southern NH area and has a bandsaw, I will make you one for free if I can use the bandsaw, as this would be must easier to make these with. Check out the pictures, let me know what you think. I can take criticism, so feel free to s#it all over me if you dont like them or feel something else should be done to make them better.

0427111642.jpg.c48ed47a672c4dad610c559199021352.jpg

0427111644.jpg.a4fb81dfe75be1c72e0122de4894c352.jpg

0427111643.jpg.3341a3669e923e825eac8255429817c4.jpg

I think it looks great. Only one question and one suggestion. Can you tighten up the tolerances on the piece going straight back? Also I would suggest extending both of the ends by 1/2". Doing this will allow you to bend a tab inwards. You can use this and double back sticky tape to attach the pod in place. Hope that makes sense.
[

I think it looks great. Only one question and one suggestion. Can you tighten up the tolerances on the piece going straight back? Also I would suggest extending both of the ends by 1/2". Doing this will allow you to bend a tab inwards. You can use this and double back sticky tape to attach the pod in place. Hope that makes sense.

about the piece going straight back, are you talking about matching the round part at the very back of the pod? If this is what you mean, that might make installation next to impossible. I am going to switch cutting methods and see what I can do. As far as the side tab, I'm sure I can do that. I'll make another one today and report back.

• 2 weeks later...
Seemed like everyone lost interest, I am going to make a DIY once I get around to it. If you want one for real for real PM me

No one lost interest, there is nothing to be interested in. You need to take it to the next step in thread and make one for real with clear and apparent install pics and product pics and then you would get some more interest/orders.

Aluminum cubby pod for cheap is a great product service, go with it.

Archived