LegacyGT.com

Crunchy clutch pedal

NickTej22

Hello! So my clutch isn't that old, it's a year old. I have no pedal return spring, and a new mechanical clutch line.

Sometimes the pedal makes a creaking Adobe and sometimes feels a little crunchy.

Not like overly crunchy like kettle chips, but more like a chunky peanut butter kind of crunchy.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Hello! So my clutch isn't that old, it's a year old. I have no pedal return spring, and a new mechanical clutch line.

Sometimes the pedal makes a creaking Adobe and sometimes feels a little crunchy.

Not like overly crunchy like kettle chips, but more like a chunky peanut butter kind of crunchy.

So kinda like this....

9658303322_3eb3efc46b_z.jpg.b3d21767b25abcff7c5cff8df1cdf86b.jpg

And more specifically not overly like this....

2010-05-04-KettleChips.jpg.831a39040380af730b57aace059843ce.jpg

But more like this.....

crunchy-peanut-butter-400-2.jpg.8d786f330abca6b24308ebc20de9518c.jpg

There's a thread here somewhere that addresses brake pedal feel that resembles room-temperature raspberry preserves, but this one is new to me.

I think you are mistaken. It was blueberries. Something to do with the ATE Super Blue brake fluid being blue.

dunno-smiley-emoticon.gif.f617ca6220038d91724d36d732e444e0.gif

But back to the question at hand... for kettle chips, I go with Cape Cod sweet mesquite. And for peanut butter, I'm not really faithful to either Jif or Skippy or Peter Pan, as long as it's crunchy. I don't know why you'd put peanut butter in your brake system, though. That makes zero sense.
Tits mcgee

I don't put it in the system, I use it externally. Jif Creamy as a fantastic substitue for anti-seize on the caliper/pad sliders FTW!!!

Same for clutch fork. Plus you can use the clutch fork as a utensil to consume the peanut butter if you're hungry while working on the car.

So what what you're saying, Nick... Is that the pedal texture you're feeling isn't exactly like this... ?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/14/zaharave.jpg

I mean... We just need to get this straight before we can jump to any sort of conclusion here. We wouldn't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Sent from my iPhone 5S, like a Boss

Silly question I know, but have you checked the fluid?

Sent from my iPhone 5S, because GTeaser likes it.

OP, I was sitting on the can thinking about this, and you know, it's not the clutch. It's your left knee that's crunchy. Do you have any old sports injuries? In a line of work that requires you to be on your knees?

Silly question I know, but have you checked the fluid?

Sent from my iPhone 5S, because GTeaser likes it.

All jokes aside, the pedal really does feel crunchy at times, and it is a mechanical clutch. No fluid. Already replaced the line with a new one.

Bottom line.......There's a spring behind the clutch peddle that's needs lubricant from time to time. Just spray some white lubricant around the spring area and that should cause the sound to go away.
My wife's balls are delicious.

Bottom line.......There's a spring behind the clutch peddle that's needs lubricant from time to time. Just spray some white lubricant around the spring area and that should cause the sound to go away.

My car doesn't actually have one, broke off a long time ago lol.

Have you lubricated all the pivot points on the pedal assembly as well as the clutch fork. And shoot a little WD40 inside the cable sheathing?

Start there if you haven't already. We can't do those things for you, you have to.

Archived