LegacyGT.com

crazy Winter drivers!

Instead of turning around on the snow covered road, the driver of this Impreza decided to change lanes and drive in 'reverse' right in front of me for about 200 yards to the intersection where they backed through the stop sign and finally entered the correct lane of travel! Of course, we were only doing around 10mph so me whipping out my cellphone for a pic wasn't too dangerous. :)

772984593_wrongway.thumb.jpg.8675e03aee1f9e6e9ecb00dd27464ab5.jpg

"Woman driver".. I know cause she started off her adventure in reverse in the left lane matching my speed just about side by side. When I could see she had her head turned and was looking out the back window oblivious to me beside her, I stopped and she came into my lane. Doubtful she was going to hit the VDC off button, even if she knew it existed, and do any other stunt driving maneuvers.

I assume they're original. I've only had my LGT since August, and if they are the originals, then yeah, 36k miles. I'm upgrading wheels and tires (18s with a nice performance tire, haven't decided on size yet) this summer after I do the suspension, front/rear sways and springs (struts depending on money). And hopefully when winter rolls around again, I'll have some money to put winter tires on my stock wheels. But overall the RE92s have faired decently this winter. Not too much snow until recently, 12 inches in the past week.
It's cool; I'm with the band

Well looks like I'm due for an upgrade then. Sorry to hijack the thread Rizzo, but what wheel and tires would you guys suggest with an 18x7.5/8? I don't feel much like searching and I'm looking in the $1k range for wheels and tires combined.

Well looks like I'm due for an upgrade then. Sorry to hijack the thread Rizzo, but what wheel and tires would you guys suggest with an 18x7.5/8? I don't feel much like searching and I'm looking in the $1k range for wheels and tires combined.

No problem.. wasn't expecting too many pictures topping one taken from a moving vehicle with a lady driving in reverse in front of them while an SUV was coming up the correct lane on nice snow covered roads! ;) Hijack away!

1549501271_wrongway.thumb.jpg.6a58bd64ebd559da38db8c54f6404e63.jpg

You're honestly only going to find cheap heavy rims and really cheap tires if you expect to get both for a grand. You outta look in the member classifieds on here for a good used deal or save up a bit longer. That's my suggestion.

I'm not expecting to get BBS or performance enkei's. I'm not looking for high quality racing weight wheels, just something that looks good and will fit with the 1-1.5" drop I'm gonna do. I'm perfectly alright with rota or some knock-off style. Definitely gonna wait until the spring rolls around though. I should have some money saved up by then.

Archived