LegacyGT.com

Crazy Jap-Rod

So earlier today I pulled into a Wawa to grab a cup of coffee, and as I'm pulling into my parking spot slowly I might add, some guy in a pickup truck calls my LGT wagon a Crazy Jap-Rod. Now this isnt a term I've ever heard before, and I'm not quite sure whether its a compliment or a criticism. The guy seemed a bit of a hick, and I didn't stop to have a conversation with him about it.

My car is fairly quiet even though I've upgraded most of the exhaust with the exception of the stock mufflers. I have a K&N drop in filter, and I've eliminated the resonator box so there is a bit of turbo whoosh and a bit of BOV sound, but that is stock too.

So....is it good to have a crazy jap rod? IDK, I'll still love my LGT one way or another though.

Guess depends the guys tone and face expression when he said it:iam:

the hood scoop on our cars it what gets the attention

dont care what other people think as long as your happy with it. Not in a mean way... but ricers think their car look cool to them

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

My other, other car is a 86 F150, the engine only has 40,000 miles on it, it will out haul my wagon but I wouldn't drive it very much, with the rust I've cut out of the rear fenders the 24" high plywood side boards on the bed, the 3 different colors of rust inhibiting primer, junk yard wheels and tires, I think the left front fender is the only panel on the truck without a dent or rust showing...

Hey does that make me a hick ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

ROFL

During the recent round of clean up after being without power for 8-10 days caused by the 12" of heavy snow Oct 29th. My son mentioned how many old pick up trucks there are still being used to haul the limbs to the dump or collection sites.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I have a neighbor who seems to only buy a truck if it is falling apart. Last year he and I spent a month and a half preparing his truck to be a plow truck. That thing was so bad that we had to use an Oxy-Propane torch to cut off one of the brake calipers, and when we were done there was about an inch and a half to three inches of rust on the ground when we finally got it running.

I have a neighbor who seems to only buy a truck if it is falling apart. Last year he and I spent a month and a half preparing his truck to be a plow truck. That thing was so bad that we had to use an Oxy-Propane torch to cut off one of the brake calipers, and when we were done there was about an inch and a half to three inches of rust on the ground when we finally got it running.

But I'll bet you won't be complaining when he plows your driveway...

I get into a similar argument regularly at work with a co-worker that has a 3/4 ton GMC pickup truck. He tells me my car is a POS rice burner. I remind him that my car has half the cylinders, gets twice the MPG and still has more hp and torque than his truck. He generally gets pretty quiet, but then pulls out "Well, I would win in a front end collision." (he has a 6" lift kit)

My POS truck - supposed to have the same hp as my wagon. Not sure what they used to measure that with back in 2000. Oh, and 11 mpg average.

Your truck also has a V8 which is heavier then your 4cylinder, so power to weight ratio...

My bros truck has more torque then my car, and around the same HP, I love the feeling of torque:spin::) but not so good in the top end

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

My POS truck - supposed to have the same hp as my wagon. Not sure what they used to measure that with back in 2000. Oh, and 11 mpg average.

Something is wrong with your truck (or maybe its because you get on it?). I average 14-16mpg (19-22highway @ 70) with the same megnum5.2 powertrain in a heavier Durango in bumper to bumper Los Angeles traffic. Are you burning oil at all r notice any fluctuation in your oil pressure? The intake manifold gasket goes on these magnum motors all the time and causes a major hit to mpg. If so look for a meal plenum repair kit and consider a stage 1 kegger mod while you have it off. One of the few mods that actually will net you noticeably more mpg. Hope it helps.

Something is wrong with your truck (or maybe its because you get on it?). I average 14-16mpg (19-22highway @ 70) with the same megnum5.2 powertrain in a heavier Durango in bumper to bumper Los Angeles traffic. Are you burning oil at all r notice any fluctuation in your oil pressure? The intake manifold gasket goes on these magnum motors all the time and causes a major hit to mpg. If so look for a meal plenum repair kit and consider a stage 1 kegger mod while you have it off. One of the few mods that actually will net you noticeably more mpg. Hope it helps.

It's a 5.9.

my trucks faster than all of yours and its made in the usa ;)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j202/ericem/randoms/12202008079.jpg

can't wait to see some of this in the lgt!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j202/ericem/randoms/12202008078.jpg

It's a 5.9.

Silly me. I should have guessed with the R/T wheels. Im so used to the R/T kit that a 5.9 with just the wheels looks like a normal Dak with R/T wheels to me now. :lol:

my american truck (that was built in mexico) can out tow, out haul, out boost, and out weigh your truck...but its slow :spin:

Huh, if its an American build in Mexico doesn't that make it a New Mexican?:p

my trucks faster than all of yours and its made in the usa ;)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j202/ericem/randoms/12202008079.jpg

can't wait to see some of this in the lgt!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j202/ericem/randoms/12202008078.jpg

I would get stuck in that, even if I had a full load. Damn 435 wide tires

Archived