LegacyGT.com

Crank Pulley Failure - New Pulley Wanted!

I had a lightweight crank pulley put on about a year ago at a shop across from my work. I had a coupon for an oil change and when I stopped in, I asked if they would mind putting the pulley on as well. I know it isn't a hard job but figured I would ask since it was a cold time of year. They installed and all was well for a year or so. Yesterday it loosened up and now the crankshaft keyway is damaged and the pulley is shot.

I'm in no way blaming the pulley design (in fact, I've got a PM in to msprank about getting a new one as quickly as possible and the cost for it) but I wanted to get an idea if anyone here has one they would be willing to sell, either lightweight or OEM?

If so, please PM me. At this point, I just want to get something back on there.

Maybe just as an FYI to anyone who has taken theirs off, might be a good idea just to check that everything is still snug and proper. Learn from my costly mistakes....

If it was warmer out, I would offer to sell mine. I don't feel like pulling it off this time of year.

I torqued mine down with a torque wrench, but no Loctite. Per msprank recommendation, I torqued it down to 95ft-lbs. The service manual says 35ft-lbs. I check mine after 3 months, just incase.

Archived