LegacyGT.com

Cracked 400+ miles to a tank!

Mickey D Stage 1 OS tuned LGT. Cruising like a Grandma 68-72 mostly.

Took a trip to Boston and back for a wedding last weekend and got back to CT with a quarter tank still left. The rest was mixed driving and I still managed to get 28.8mpg (according to computer which is always a little high when I calculate it.) I def had some juice left in the tank, but didnt want to tempt fate. Think it said 30 or 40 miles left, but I was already at Stop and Shop (10 cents off!:lol:)

http://i27.tinypic.com/11iiikh.jpg

"This is an adventure."

405 miles

I've had a bunch of 370+ tanks as well.

The key is highway miles!

673004042_BestMiles.png.49ed165f877b4d970f806e9d2cf4f0d6.png

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I still managed to get 28.8mpg

^Dude, I hate you man. I never EVER got that. Best I got was maybe 26.8 on a 90 miles stretch in Utah. pff.

Here in Norway (I brought my XT with me ;) ), max speed limit is 55 mph and I still CAN'T get that high mpg. But I guess you have to take into consideration that roads here are really bumpy, hilly and stuff.

Last week, drove with 3 people total and about 150 lbs worth of stuff in the trunk. Got 24 mpg for the whole tank. And I never really pushed the engine. Well, maybe a couple times :rolleyes:

I made it to 440 miles on a tank with the A/C on. I'm making the same trip next week so I'll go for the record again. Last year I went 405 miles on the same trip using wider summer tires. They are 7 lbs lighter than stock but must have more rolling resistance. I'll switch back to the skinnier all season tires this time.

I still dont get how you get that kind of mileage. I typically see between 22.2 and 22.8 miles per gallon. I fill up right around 300. I really dont get how you can get an extra 100 miles on it per tank!

Crap thats easy. I can get over 800 km's a tank if it's all highway which is almost 500 miles.

On a 2.5i, yea. Not a LGT.

IDK man, I was driving like a granny soo...

"This is an adventure."

Got 410 on this tank 70%hwy/30%local with a drive to Vegas in 115 degree heat, AC on max going about 80

^How? no I mean how?? Dang. I would have thought stage 2 would decrease mpg but i guess it does not huh. Freak I drove that way (from slc) and got 20 mpg last time :mad: --> was not speeding, but was pulling a 4x8 foot completely full and heavy uhaul trailer LOL.

^ No idea, I'm pretty clueless. The ride back was 7 hours so this was a lot of stop and go traffic too.

But stage 2 results in better gas mileage from what I've read and experienced. Only downside is lead foot from the increase in power.

There were 3 people in the car and I had baseball gear (5 gloves and 2 bats), a cooler in the trunk, and some luggage.

Im with Pinter. I can get 500 miles on the highway 75 mph everytime i drive. I have a gt also. I made it from Grand Junction to trinadad Co in one tank. I filled up with 15.7 gal almost dry, but i did it. even on a stage 1 tune and 750 cc injectors.

Only downside is lead foot from the increase in power.

^ LOL. I bet you want to push that baby. Must sound good too.

I can get 500 miles on the highway 75 mph everytime i drive

^That's just sick. Dang.

I wonder if the crappy suspension that we have on the OBXT may make us loose some mpg efficiency with all the bouncing around we have. freakin hating it. I need the Bilstein kit so bad..

Let's not lose sight of the fact that we have several different cars included in this comparison.

Spec B's, '08 and later IIRC, have a 6-speed and that's probably good for 1-1.5 mpg (besides holding more power). Also, I think '08s and later have a slightly different tune from the factory (more baseline power), and are usually good for 0.5-1.0 mpg better, from what I've seen.

Also, 5MT is probably good for 0.5-1 mpg over 5EAT. And, maybe sedan is good for 0.5mpg vs wagon? No idea what OBXT loses.

THEN, let's not forget the quality of gas in different places. Filled up in Nevada once near Silver City (Exxon, IRRC) instead of the usual 76 I get here in CA, and I EASILY got 10-20% better mpg for the rest of that trip around Tahoe. Even when pushing it up the hills, etc. Wish I could buy that gas every week!

That doesn't mean I'm saying EVERY '08 Spec B running Sunoco 94 will get 4 mpg better than an '05 5EAT wagon necessarily, but I wouldn't be all that surprised either if some do. And 4 mpg difference (25 to 29) will make the difference between 437.5 and 507.5 miles on a tank (assuming 17.5 gallons - I think it's 17.4?).

I've done the equivalent of 430 on a tank in my '05 LGT limited wagon, stage 2, but I doubt I'll ever get close to 500.. Usual day-to-day mileage is around 230-270 miles before I fill up with around 13-15 gallons.

That 6 speed advantage is basically void due to the higher weight content in the Spec B's. Also the "baseline power" is the same throughout the years. The only a slight difference which is the Turbo. As the VF-40 is known to be less linear than the VF-46. The final drive is the same on both the 5mt and 6mt, both are 3.900.

Archived