LegacyGT.com

Coolant comeing out every were..

This is weird . I just replaced my Radiator filled it up took it for a drive. I noticed it was pushing out the radiator cap"s then hoses and was over flowing the overflow tank . Depended on how much I used the turbo. So I let it cool. Then I started it up with caps off and it started to over flow out of the radiator. Then I noticed in the turbo reservoir the coolant was flowing none stop then that started to fill up and over flow?

Well I ran it for and 1hr with the radiator cap off. Some bubbles came out and they did stop. But the odd thing is when I removed the Turbo Res. cap it will start to over flow at the main Rad and fills up overflow? I put on main Res cap and went to tested the turbo Res and I notices very small bubbles coming from there?

Jack up the right front corner of the car. remove the cap from the turbo tank only. squeeze the hoses, see if bubble come out.

Now start the car turn on the heater to hot, with the cap off still squeeze the hoses what for bubbles. Top off as needed. Let the thermostat open, run it for that long. when you think all the air is out, put the cap on, and let it down off the jack.

Carry some coolant with you for a few day's top off the tank as needed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That sounds very odd. I don't see how some air could cause all that. You might want to drain the system... take hoses off the radiator and make sure it doesn't have some kind of plug inside at either end.

You didn't mention anything about replacing the thermostat. A stuck thermostat would cause this as well.. Also something to consider... if you did install the thermostat, did you install it correctly? pellet end toward water pump/engine side?

If there is a coolant mix of 50/50 the coolant shouldnt steam until temp gets over 240F+. Did you connect both fans after radiator install? Are they both working?

• Moderators

OP, I'll be honest here--it doesn't really sound like you know what you're doing...

Try this. Fill radiator and turbo tank. Seal up the radiator and leave the turbo tank open. Put a funnel in the top of the turbo tank and leave it there. With the passenger front of the car jacked up slightly, start the car (with the funnel still in the turbo tank. Let it run and come up to temperature and squeeze the hoses to get any air out of the system. As the car heats up, the funnel in the turbo tank will begin to fill up with coolant, that's ok. When the car is warm and no bubbles can be seen coming into the funnel turn the car off. As things cool down, the coolant in the funnel will begin to go back down into the tank. Once things are completely cool, if you have any extra coolant in the funnel just siphon it out and you should be good to go. If there is no coolant in the funnel, just remove the funnel and then top off the turbo tank and you'll be good to go. Add a bit to the overflow tank as needed (proper levels marked on the tank).

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Could be blown Head Gaskets

I'm with lee07. Blown head gasket pushing air into the coolant system. To the OP, Do the air bubbles ever stop? If not then its def a blown head gasket or a leaking hose but at that point I would pressure test the cylinders.

Good point on it possibly being the head gasket...

So did the car overheat when the radiator failed? What were the circumstances that required the radiator to be replaced?

Archived