LegacyGT.com

connected connectors,plugged in cable "on" position" will not read my ECU!

G mang T

my obd2 cable came as OBD2 to serial port cable so i bought a conversion to USB which works great with Rom Raider for logging and such but ECUFlash doesnt seem to give a crap if my cars in test mode, or the cable is plugged in. so when i open ECUFLASH the READ ROM is dulled and cannot be clicked.

yea i had one of my buddies look at it im doing everything right but the serial to USB converter is most likely the culprit. gotta order another now but at least iv crossed off all other possiblilities and learned more than i thought i would haha

Sometimes I have to start ECUFlash several consecutive times before I can flash, etc. Also - the flashing only works if I hit 'Write to ECU' w/ the ignition off...when I get the prompt to turn the key 'on' I flick it on then hit 'okay'. If I do anything out of sequence it no-worky. Maybe something like that is going on w/ yours?
SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

• 3 months later...
my obd2 cable came as OBD2 to serial port cable so i bought a conversion to USB which works great with Rom Raider for logging and such but ECUFlash doesnt seem to give a crap if my cars in test mode, or the cable is plugged in. so when i open ECUFLASH the READ ROM is dulled and cannot be clicked.

AFAIK, ECUFlash requires use of the OpenPort Cable Driver(Tactrix cable in most cases) to read & write. However Romraider does not car what cable it is as long as it sees the ecu.

AFAIK, ECUFlash requires use of the OpenPort Cable Driver(Tactrix cable in most cases) to read & write. However Romraider does not car what cable it is as long as it sees the ecu.

Pretty much. Many cables can log, but few will flash. I've heard success stories about reflashing with a couple different non-OpenPort cables though. I'm not sure what they have that the other cables don't, but it's pretty clear that the features required for reflashing are a superset of the features required for logging (which only needs a simple serial connection).

Archived