LegacyGT.com

Compendium of 2008 LGT Parts - What will and won't work!

I wanted to start a thread where people can list off parts that will fit the new 2008 models, since many of the parts are interchangeable from '05-07 but some are not.

My hope is people who install aftermarket parts on their '08 will list the items here so that people will actually know that parts will fit their '08. Also that news of new product release for the '08 could be listed here to let people know. This can be for new parts as they arrive, or parts that people are finding will tranfer from '05-07 to our '08's.

So ex: if you find a new bumper on some website for an '08, post the link on here with a pic. When rommel gets his new '08 grill done he can post it on here for us to see. if you find that the '05-07 SPT intake fits our '08 (which it does) then let the rest of us know. If you know of or have a BOV or Downpipe that works. If you know that the emblem sizes are different for '08 (which I think they are) than let people know so they don't waste money on an '07 L7 emblem.

Or on the flipside if you know something won't fit, let us know. For example the bumpers are different for '08, same for the grill. If you know of an engine component that's changed and won't fit our '08, that would be good to put in here. Anything that has changed for '08, if you know won't transfer over from previous years we need to know.

If you introduce a new product and wanna put a link to your thread with a group buy or something that would be ok too. I just think if people share their experiences/knowledge here about this beauty they call the '08 LGT, than it would save alot of us some grief and tunneling through other threads finding stuff.

Hope this helps us all out!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let me start:

The SPT intake from '05-'07 will fit our '08 GT's. It's an easy install (30-45 min), won't void the warranty, and has a subtle but nice sound. You can actually hear the turbo, and it may even spool a little bit faster. The BOV sound when you let off the gas is awesome too. I can't get enough of the whoosh!

And dont call SOA to find out if the 05-07 SPT/STI parts will fit or not. They told me no on the intake and I ignored them and its a perfect fit. I also seemingly have an EJ257 engine in my LGT. AWESOME! I have one of those super rare STi Legacy's in the US!

That's exactly why I made this thread... cause people on here seem to know 10x as much as the salesmen, SOA, tire/wheel shops, and anyone else with an opinion who doesn't actually drive one! Hopefully it will become a good reference once people start posting in it!

The trailer hitch from the last 05-06 models will fit the 2008. Same simple install, works great. I would highly recommend the OEM hitch versus any other manufacturer. I also installed the SPT intake from an 07, fits great. The heat shield also fit, but it needed to be shaved down for a proper fit with the intake. I have heard that this is the case on any year.

no mods to my heat shield, i might have twisted it a slight bit from what it was molded to, but it's a somewhat flexible material so it wasn't like I was stressing it. The directions are a little unclear, but lemme have a look tomorrow and i'll explain where i got a little confused for the guys and gals that will be doing theirs.

But yeah, no shaving , cutting, sanding of anything on the heatshield I put on mine.

no mods to my heat shield, i might have twisted it a slight bit from what it was molded to, but it's a somewhat flexible material so it wasn't like I was stressing it. The directions are a little unclear, but lemme have a look tomorrow and i'll explain where i got a little confused for the guys and gals that will be doing theirs.

But yeah, no shaving , cutting, sanding of anything on the heatshield I put on mine.

Hmm. Mine had a clear problem in the dip of the shield where the intake tube goes over. It was too tall and pushed the tube up at a weird angle. So, i just shaved it down with a dremel about 1/2 inch and it fits great. Good to hear they all aren't like that.

STI spoiler fits. STI Brembo Calipers fit (with modification and special rotors), Cusco Sway Bars and endlinks fit, STI Pink Springs fit too.

Which Sti spoiler.....front or rear? I saw on Japanparts.com they had a front lip spoiler, but when I pmed the person from there he said something about there being an inch gap between the bumper cover and the spoiler on the sides and to look for an install thread here.

Which Sti spoiler.....front or rear? I saw on Japanparts.com they had a front lip spoiler, but when I pmed the person from there he said something about there being an inch gap between the bumper cover and the spoiler on the sides and to look for an install thread here.

As of right now, no one has attempted the front STi lip spoiler. The inch gap thingy is from the '05-'07 Legacys using the JDM 2.0GT STi front lip spoiler.

-ben

I'm going to order the STI front lip for the '08 but I would need a test mule to test fit. If the USDM front bumper is longer then I would make the lip to fit the USDM Legacy.

The rear spoiler for the '05-'07 will fit the '08.

I'm going to order the STI front lip for the '08 but I would need a test mule to test fit. If the USDM front bumper is longer then I would make the lip to fit the USDM Legacy.

The rear spoiler for the '05-'07 will fit the '08.

If you were in Chicagoland I'd offer, but I don't think you are.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know about stereo components for '08 vs the other model years?

Things like:

Are the speakers the same?

Can the same method be used to install an amp to the factory stereo?

Any other complications with the climate control?

I think people would be interested to know seeing as one of my next mods will be replacing the speakers in mine. Don't get me wrong, they're OK, but I'm used to the $6000 competition-quality stereo I had in my S-10 (god rest her soul) :(

Does anyone know about eyelids?

My fiancee has the 07 gt turbo and he took or his exgaust to put on a perrin. I have an 08 2.5i , he wants to put his old exaughst from the 07 (not perrin) on my car. Do you think that would work and sound nice? I dont want it to be loud but i want a subtle sound.

Archived