LegacyGT.com

Colorado Deal

MtnMan

I've been reading about some of the deals available in other parts of the country. Subarus are pretty popular here in Colorado. Teller county, where I live, has one of the highest densities for outbacks in the country.

I'm in the market for an '05 Legacy GT Ltd Automatic. Here is a quote I've gotten from a local dealer. I'd like to hear how others have done in Colorado.

Regal Blue '05 Legacy GT Ltd Auto, Pop grp 3 (mirror, security upg, homelink), armrest ext, subwoofer upg, spoiler:

MSRP $31538

Invoice $28,761

Dlr Offer $26,940 (inv - $1500 dlr cash - $610 holdback + $289 D&H)

Another dealer offered to beat this quote by $100 - $300 which is where I planned to start negotiating from. I've seen info online that dealer holdback on these models may be as much as $862. Plus there may be a $475 advertising fee factored in somewhere.

Does region affect actual dealer cost? If colorado dealers are pricing cars $2000 higher than other regions but paying Subaru the same cost then that could factor into the negotiations.

Thanks!

MtnMan

Sounds like a good deal to me. That's got a good deal of options, and is an Automatic. The lowest price place on the east coast I've found is www.fitzmall.com and I've seen a Regal Blue LTD 5spd with ZERO options for $25,200.........so add the AUTO and options, and you have a really good deal IMO.

Be thankful you're not next door in Kansas. They won't deal with you at all. I emailed a price sheet from Fitzmall to a dealership in Topeka, and he politely emailed me back to go and get bent, so that is a pretty good deal.

I got mine from Elway through SOA/IMBA. (International Mountain Biking Association) Your deal seems like a good deal. I got my '05LGT Ltd. in July '04 and the invoice seems to be in line with my deal.

It's always nice to get some confirmation. I felt pretty good about the offer, especially when the other dealer offered to beat it by $300.

Now to get a good price for my trade...

Thanks all!

:)

Now to get a good price for my trade...

And there's the kicker. Be prepared to be disappointed. It's the sole reason I haven't picked up an LGT already. Offering me $2800 less than kbb trade-in value. I had a dealer here in NC offer me trade in value, but the price on their LGT was a lot higher than other places, and they weren't interested in budging on it.

Good luck with it.

this deal (and others i've seen here) makes me very jealous. i'm trying to buy an lgt ltd wagon (auto) for my wife. emailed all the local bay area dealers and everyone seems to be at invoice less incentives or higher. nothing like the discounts some of you have gotten. :(

i'm trying to figure out how to go back to the dealers. i figure i'll just say that what they've shown me isn't going to get it done and see where they get to. i hope their first offer isn't their best....that would be disappointing indeed.

This is the deal I got:

$26,720 sale price on the car: 05 Regal Blue LGT Ltd with spoiler, subwoofer, armrest, and Pop Grp 3.

That boils down to Invoice - dealer cash - dealer holdback + D&H:

$28761 - $1500 - $830 + $289 = $26,720

The best way to get the deal you want is to know how much profit the dealer already has built in to the invoice price and deal hard.

I went through the Internet. The internet and fleet sales departments work on a different scale. A regular salesman can't make you this kind of deal because there is little profit for his commission. It's not worth his time. Go through kbb.com and Edmunds.com and request quotes from several dealers. When you come from those sites they know you're doing your homework.

My dealer made the offer I outlined above in our second email when I demonstrated that I knew what I wanted and had access to information. When I showed him the counter offer to beat him by $100 - $300 he wasn't happy. Even though we both knew the other dealer wouldn't go as low as $300 below his offer he got another $220 knocked off. I don't think they made much on that deal.

My salesman told me when I went in to test drive that his deal was "all in" because he knew I would shop his offer at other regional dealers and some of the dealers in Denver would low-ball him. So the Internet definately played the advantage.

Play dealers against each other and stay strong. It's your decision to buy or not.

Good luck!

decided not to kill the dealer. got a good but not the best deal from the local dealer. here's what we got:

lgt ltd wagon, auto, atlantic/taupe

all weather mats, auto dimming mirror, air filtration, rear cargo mat, subwoofer

msrp about $32,200....we paid $27,800 before ttl (no other dealer fees of any kind). probably around invoice minus 1700.

my wife is pumped...i wish i could've located one of the silly deals but with no flexibility on color combo this is good enough...hope we enjoy it!!

I am looking around for a LGT as well.

I found this deal online, and was wondering what everyone thought

LGT Limited MT Satin White

Invoice: $27,791. Internet Price: $25,713

Comes with all these extras:

Rubber Floor Mats, Momo Shift Knob, Short Throw Shifter, Wheel Locks, Security Upgrade, Metal Pad Set.

Seems like a good deal. When I go in there, how much more do you think I can bargain off?

Rubber Floor Mats, Momo Shift Knob, Short Throw Shifter, Wheel Locks, Security Upgrade, Metal Pad Set.

Seems like a good deal. When I go in there, how much more do you think I can bargain off?

this sounds good as it stands..no harm in trying for a bit more though. if you add a couple grand for wagon/auto you get a pretty similar price to what i was able to get, which by my reckoning was a couple hundred from being a really good deal.

That's a very good deal. Lots of options on there too.

Yeah, unfortunately I have to wait until next Tuesday to go to the dealership because I am going out of town. Hopefully it doesn't get sold!

Oh yeah, Post number 2!

If you can swing it before you head out of town (i.e.- you have a spare few hours), go down and pick it up. What color is it (in/out)? If it's got the taupe interior, it should be safe (they don't seem to sell as well, and are discounted more from what I've seen). But if you really want the car, I wouldn't hesitate. I've done that before and missed out on a great deal.

Yeah, unfortunately I have to wait until next Tuesday to go to the dealership because I am going out of town. Hopefully it doesn't get sold!

Oh yeah, Post number 2!

which dealer?

This Space For Rent

Hello to all members...................

I probably should have found this forum before I bought my wife's new car: Monday I bought a new Legacy GT (non limited) with auto and the "usual" options (rear spoiler - subwoofer/amplifier - armrest extension - auto dimming mirror/compass/homelink - security system upgrade). I paid $24,660 plus tax. Is this a "decent" deal? Hope so.:confused: . Anyway, I love the car. I just gave my '90 Legacy to my son. Most reliable car I've ever owned.

Archived