LegacyGT.com

Colling Fan Relay Recall NOT A RECALL IN CANADA!!!

castor

Well brought the car in for some work....

Getting all 4 rotors( warped) , new glovebox (rattle), hatch struts (toast) replaced under warranty, however in Canada, SOC is still listing the fan relay as a TSB, not a recall, so the dealership would not replace /repair it.

WTF??? How can the same issue be a recall in the US and not in CAN???

Crazy stuff, this FHI...maybe Japan shopuld step in and get a grip on SOA and SOC.

C

PS MODS.. please spell check my thread title!!!! Its FUBAR.

maybe 'cause it's always cold in Canada?:hide:
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Stuff always takes longer to come here, always!

Maybe in the future it will be a recall.

I just ordered the new relay and am going to do it myself, just to be safe.

Costs $20 and take about 10mins to do.

I too have the same problem.

When comes to recall or warranty work, it is really a b!tch to get any canadian dealership to perform it for you.

Dropped my car off on last saturday(cooling fan acting up), they said they couldn't duplicate the problem. But I insist them to test it again. They agreed to take a look at that again on Monday.

However, nobody called me on monday, So decided I hit up the dealership on tuesday and find out what's going on. Find out that they now have to order a new ECU for me which will be arriving on thursday.

On top of that, I got all sorts of rattle/squeak from inside, and a pair of busted wiper blades. They said those are under either tear and wear or adjustment warranty(12months/20000km) and refuse to fix any of those for me. The service tech told me. Those wear and tear item has no warranty once you drove off the lot.

I told them it is ok for them to refuse all the warranty work, however, I ask them to ensure the vehicle is 100% safe and document it, in case something happens, my 2 life insurance policy will go after them. Then finally, they agree to perform some checkup on that. But I still donno what are they going to do except a new ECU and Cooling fan relay.

Can't believe that, paid like $40K+CDN for the car and got such poor service.

thats odd. aren't the cars up in Canada exactly the sames as the ones sold in the U.S.? maybe they're just behind:iam:

Almost...They are currently only 85% the same as the US version. Exchange rates are a bitch...:icon_mrgr

Cheers,Mike

Uhhh, hate to tell you Castor, but my local dealer here, Don Docksteader Motors, replaced the cooling fan relay and re-programmed the ECU and re-programmed the immobilizer chipped car keys 'under warranty'.

I had the car in for an oil change and they noticed the fan constantly on while in the bay. THey told me to bring it back in another day soon as they were aware of the problem and had all the spare parts in stock to take care of the well-known issue.

I didn't pay anything for it, and they didn't act like they were doing me a favor by not charging me anything... why would they do it for free if they didn't have to?

I'm not complaining..I'm just saying that this issue (which is present) is not a recall as per the US. It is still covered via a TSB IF your car exhibits the symptoms. If not, too bad....they'll fix it when it breaks.

Just weird is all.

I see the distinction you are trying to make now... up in Canada, we will get it fixed if we show them it's a problem, but in the States, they have issued a blanket recall to fix all cars they have sold.

It is strange, maybe Subaru Canada is trying to save a few pennies on this one....

Funny too, as Subaru Canada enjoys selling their cars for up to 50% more then they sell them for in the US.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a new relay put in under warranty. I told them to order one as I am putting it in regardless of warranty. Warranty paid for it.

It is not a new problem in Canada, they had seen it before, just not a recall.....yet!

FWIW my car was exhibiting no unussual problems.

So it's not a recall in Canada. This is ridicules!!!

The reason why the prices are higher is imo, when these cars came on market the exchange rate was 1.4-1.5 for US$. Shortly after that US$ went down to about 1.2 but SOC kept their old prices.

I said in my previous posts, this is my first and last Subaru! SO MUCH trouble I had with these ppl, and still do. I currently take my car to a dealer in Michigan, and they've been very nice to me the first time. I plan to take the car again and I hope I will have the same experience, otherwise, the car is going for sale and Subaru will never see another penny come from me.

The dealer in Michigan I took my car for service told me about white oil filters leaking oil and no Subaru dealer is supposed to sell them (at least in US). I bought a few white ones, prior to that, in Subaru dealer in Canada for about $12 w/tax. Black ones in states cost me about US$6. Why such a difference in price and are the dealers still selling white oil filters?

• 1 month later...
Now, finally a recall in Canada

After so many months

Service Program WVB-12

Radiator Cooling Fan Relay 2

Hello v33k,

Do you have a copy of or a link to the Canadian Service Bulletin equivalent of the SoA's WVB-12?

Thanks,

Lou

I got the letter too just this week.

My dealer already fixed mine though... under warranty, about 2 months ago(?)

I guess they knew this was an issue and was going to eventually be a recall, so they offered to fix it for me. I didn't even ask them.

The cooling fan relay is now a recall in Canada, specifically in the GTA.

The dealer just called me, I guess the news is finally spreading over here....

I got my recall notice in Winnipeg already.

Though I already did the change.:rolleyes:

Archived