LegacyGT.com

coilovers

Hey sorry if I should be posting this in the suspension thread but here goes nothing. I'm picking up a 95 legacy wagon on wensday and would like to sort out my options for suspension now. I have about 600-700 to spend and Ive heard that bc makes a set around that price range. I'm just not sure what model that is and where to find them. Also I'm not sure if theres any better options. The only thing I'm sure of is that I would like to be very low, reliable, and able to with stand east coast winters.

• I Donated

good lord.

do 5 minutes of research. There is a sticky thread about suspension at the top of the forum....as well as a search function.

You can find all the information you need if you just LOOK

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

do a google search for coilovers that are made for 02 - 07 WRXs. They will bolt right up to your car.

Report back with your findings and we will advise whats the best of wha tyou found

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

okay so ive now seen that people go low on racelands but ive been in many cars with racelands and the ride is not too enjoyable. Im not sure if the same for subarus ,but im assuming so. Also i see that you cant get much of a higher height for the winter with racelands. So at this point I am now wondering which would be my best option to be low, between 500-700 bucks ,and will allow me to raise her to a comfortable height for the winter. I saw that k sports were the cheapest option listed in the sticky thread, but thats a bit too much for me. I searched again to find a price and info on bc coils but I cant really find and any solid threads. Once again sorry in advance if theres already info on this stuff but I honestly searched and would just like some help.

http://www.rokkortuning.com/p-31-rokkor-full-coilover-kit-for-subaru-impreza-rs-wrx-sti-2nd-gen.aspx

ugh

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Godspeed-Subaru-04-Coilover-Suspension/dp/B0041IPHLY]Amazon.com: Godspeed Subaru WRX 02 03 04 05 06 07 (04 Sti) Type-ss Coilover Suspension Suspension: Automotive[/ame]

http://www.wkionline.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=88

http://www.sandrperformance.com/02-07-WRXSTi-BC-BR-Coilovers_p_182.html

hmm so what would ya guys say about the godspeeds? there pretty much perfect for my money situation...although if its a better choice i could possibly save a bit more for the megans but the wait might kill me lol

• I Donated
Jac i want way more info on the racelands when you get it all figured out. :D cant beat that price...

Yes please do update about the quality of them.

Share :

Alignment specs

Handling Qualities

Ride Quality

General Feel

ETC

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Roger wilco!

so far, because the drop is so much I am running a tighter than normal preload and a LOT of negative camber to keep from rubbing. once I get the fenders rolled/pulled, and I just ordered front spacers for the tophats (3/8") Ill be able to really tweak and drive.

Still though, amongst all the adjsutments and such they truly arent bad for the money.

hey jac hows the ride on the racelands? at this point im considering just going cheap because honestly id end up spending a quarter of the price i spend on the car on coils and, im not looking to do autocross or any crazy driving just to be able to lower my car and adjust that height when needed.

Well first off, there isnt much height adjustment to be had on the racelands. They are designed for the RS and WRX so they are already lower than our stock. Then you factor in that they are engineered to lower THOSE cars and its a major drop for us.

I ordered 3/8" spacers for the fronts to give the nose a little more height, and if that works then I can sort of adjust the height. As it stands right now, my front end is as high as it can be with those coilovers.

The ride so far is really decent. I wont know till I get the preload perfected, the ride height settled, and the fenders rolled to accomidate my 245 series tires how they handle in the canyon roads. But Ill post up as soon as I get all that figured out.

Archived