LegacyGT.com

Cobb Tuning to Hold FREE EFI 101 Class @ WBM 2007...

Christian.

As a WBM 2007 attendee, we have decided to hold a free EFI class at the Wachusett Village Inn on the day before the Wicked Big Meet 2007, Saturday June 16th. Registering students will be able to register for either class on Saturday, the 9am to 1pm class or the 2pm to 6pm class. To register for this class please e-mail christian@cobbtuning.com with following information:

Full name, full home address, e-mail address, telephone #

Year, make, and model of vehicle including transmission type:

Modification performed to vehicle including installed hardware:

Performance goals for the vehicle:

Current EMS Solution:

Fuel(s) the vehicle is going to run:

Do you have Microsoft Office or the Open Office software suite?

Do you have a laptop that can be used for the class?

Be sure to cut & paste "Cobb Tuning's WBM 2007 EFI 101 Registration" as the e-mail's subject line and be sure to let me know which class you would like to attend, the morning or afternoon class. You will receive a registration confirmation by e-mail letting you know that you have been registered for a specific class time. Once the class meets the 30 student limit, we will have to schedule you for the next available class. Our initial goal is to hold one to two free EFI 101 classes on Saturday. Although, if the students choose, we can hold one EFI 101 class then we can use the time available for the 2nd class to go over the AccessECU StreetTUNER software.

Classroom material for Cobb Tuning's EFI 101 class will need to be downloaded and studied before the class! The 101 class is about a 4 hour class depending on how well the students are understanding the concepts, definitions, and information. Below is some basic information about the following classes that will be offered.

Take care,

Christian.

EFI 101 FREE!

30 Students

This is a free class which will introduce you to the basic electronic and mechanical operations of modern gasoline engines found in most production vehicles. This class will introduce common definitions, terms, and rhetoric used by tuners, engineers, and engine calibrators. Basic animated pictures will also be used to help demonstrate the basic mechanical movement of the 4-cycle or 4-stroke internal combustion engines. The concept of ”the engine is an air pump” will be extensively covered throughout the class. A worksheet has been created to go along with this class, you can download this worksheet from this link.

I will be sure to update this thread as more information becomes available; specific room #s, driving directions, places for lunch, etc.

O.K. Here is how it is looking thus far...most students would like to register for the AM class, then use the time spot for the second, afternoon 101 class to be a more StreetTUNER focused class. This is looking like what we are going to do so please e-mail me if you find this to be a problem with your schedule.

Thus far this is whom we have registered:

1) I. Blizard

2) B. Griffin

3) S. Plante

4) G. Kanter

5) S. MacDonald

6) J. Montoya

7) M. Schear

8) J. Hirtle

9) J .Goler

10) C. Bickford

11) T. Janes

12) B. Forsyth

13) E. Torres

14) N. Busby

15) D. Nelson

16) J. Paradiso

17) D. Pelletier

18) D. Nelson

19) C. Santos

20) J. Distefano

If you have e-mailed me an you do not see your name on this list, please try to e-mail me again then you are welcome to call me next week if need be (801) 713-0035 x 109.

If you are staying around to attend the second class which is focused on the StreetTUNER software then you will want to download all documents and worksheets from this link.

Take care,

Christian.

I am e-mailing all registered students to confirm registration for Cobb Tuning's EFI 101 class for this Saturday, June 16th @ 9:00am. Please watch this thread on our forums for any updates.

This link has directions to the facility = http://wawa.wachusett.com/about/directions/ The class will be held in the Adams Room. The class starts at 9:00am although, I suggest you get there by 8:45am because the hotel will be taking our lunch order first thing. I will attach a sample menu for you to look at, the food looked good to me but I wanted to make sure you had an idea of what the hotel will be serving. You will need to pay for this lunch (and lunch is not optional)...the hotel has worked with us to allow us to use this room for the entire day, although the lunch fee is being used as our room rental, which is a good deal IMO. Regardless, I apologize for this last minute notice, this is just how things worked out. All said and done, this should allow us to stay at the facility and get some more class time in without interruption. I look forward to meeting you then.

Please bring your laptop and be sure to download all files from the first post in this link for much of this material will be covered in these classes. If time allows, we can review your EMS so you are welcome to bring your EMS software with you.

Take care,

Christian.

Archived