LegacyGT.com

Cobb Stage 2 logs

ktm200

Here are a few AP Cobb stg 2 logs, 93oct. I took about 8 WOT logs, a few showed knock, a few didnt.

I also noticed when viewing live data, I was getting some pretty large feedback knock corrections, as high as -5.4 when cruising up a slight grade 5th gear on the highway at about 2400rpms. Also accompanied by some stuttering/hesitation. Same thing happens on the 91oct map. Kinda nervous.

Any thoughts?

I was also wondering if any rattling might have been causing false knock, and I noticed what you can see in the below pics. Think the heatshield against the power steering line might have something to do with it? Can't believe its so close, it's touching. Might have to pull it this weekend and grind down. Poor fitment.

Some other things to note, mileage is 42k, using shell 93, also had some knocking on the cobb stg1 93 maps. Thought the cobb maps were supposed to be conservative. . . .

93oct-a.csv

93oct-c.csv

Stg2 93-2.csv

Stg2 93-4.csv

Stg2 93-5.csv

photo(23).thumb.JPG.ab70b1ca8131480a5e8432c4c6557c08.JPG

photo(24).thumb.JPG.13a1887cae306724b926585775dab3a9.JPG

^^ Been on the 91 since I saw the knock on the 93 logs I pulled. No knock at all during WOT pulls but I'm still getting the occasional low throttle, 2400rpm, uphill stutter accompanied by -4.2 to -5.4 feedback knock. Happens maybe once or twice in a 30min highway drive. Sent the logs to COBB last weekend and heard back today, recommended swapping out the plugs.

Should I go 1 step colder iridiums? Right now its the basic OTS tune, but in the next couple months I plan on doing an intercooler, ebcs, and custom tune. Worth swapping to the one step colder now, to reduce any knock?

you're in 5th at 2400 rpm going uphill? are you trying to accelerate or just maintain?

For the most part, maintain. 2400rpm puts me almost at 70mph, so as I gently roll on the throttle to maintain 70 going up a slight hill, that's where the hesitation happens. Goin to look for plugs locally tomorrow and give it a shot. Not sure on stockers or colder.

Swapped out plugs for the oem NGK's gapped at ~0.029". The hesitation I could feel going up slight grades is gone. I pulled a bunch of logs and overall I'm getting fewer and lower corrections. With that said, I'm still getting the rare huge feedback knock corrections. Attached 2 more cruising logs. The second one hits -7.35 about 2/3 the way down the log. Any ideas what could be causing this? Don't want to damage the motor.

Logs were done on the 91oct map. WOT pulls I did had no corrections at all.

Thanks again.

Subscribed.

I have had the same issues with knock on my Cobb Stage 2 tune.

I regularly see -4.0 to -4.8 knock at 2000 to 2500 rpm range mostly in 3rd gear, but I have gotten knock readings on the AP as high as -7.4 with their Stage 2 tune.

bmx, you have a 5EAT. you don't get these problems?

it almost looks to me like it should downshift from 5->4 at that throttle position, RPM, load, etc.

basically, it seems like the engine is being bogged down... your WGDC also seems to kick in when it happens (usually)

I KNOW that. I'm trying to get an idea of how much timing COBB was running and how much you were able to run in 5th gear that RPM/load range! Maybe you were running a lot less or something.

Quick question: is the TC already locked up by then? Would it unlock at such low throttle? I don't think my car would like being in 5th at that low RPM on an incline but I'm not sure. Hmm... Hope I'm not wasting your time.

Archived