LegacyGT.com

Cobb rear sway bar vs. JDM sway bar

Hey,

I know Cobb stuff is new, but I saw some people already ordered it. So anyone familiar with Cobb antisway bars? How would the rear would compare to the JDM rear bar? If going Cobb route, should one replace both front and rear?

I am leaning towards the JDM one. If so, should I get the reinforcements that Cobb sells?

Thx.

if you do just the rear you'll add more oversteer to the car (more tail happy) this can be a good thing. just depends what you like. adding the front helps to balance things out.

cobb is hollow, i believe the JDM is solid. do a search in the suspension formum to see what people think.

also, check out AVO's new 20mm adjustable rear sway bar.

if you do just the rear you'll add more oversteer to the car (more tail happy) this can be a good thing. just depends what you like. adding the front helps to balance things out.

cobb is hollow, i believe the JDM is solid. do a search in the suspension formum to see what people think.

also, check out AVO's new 20mm adjustable rear sway bar.

I was under the impression that the KDM 20 mm bar is hollow.

At any rate a 20 mm bar is about right for the stock FSB to match.

If you want to go bigger then the COBB route would be the way to go, or even the CUSCOs.

Front and rear is recommended....Cobb designed them as a whole system.

Definitely an improvement in just the rear, but the complete kit is more then the sum of it's parts...

- Andrew

Anyone knows Cobb's bars diamaters? They don't list them on their web page.

All COBB/Hotchkis bars are 25mm hollow OD. They just increase the wall thickness of the steel to make it stiffer.

I don't think so.

I read that the COBB's were 22 mm for front and rear. Somewhere, I think.

But maybe I was just dreaming!

I don't think so.

I read that the COBB's were 22 mm for front and rear. Somewhere, I think.

But maybe I was just dreaming!

I'll measure mine today

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I found where I read 22 mm. IT WAS NOT FROM A VENDOR, but it was from some poster that seemed to have maybe assumed, so I don't really know.

Sorry. I should have mine by Friday I hope and will know then for sure.

Anyone knows Cobb's bars diamaters? They don't list them on their web page.

Since they're hollow the OD doesn't tell the whole story. That said, I would like to know the OD anyway.

Cobb only gives a percentage increase....so you can go from there.

Front swaybar is 50% stiffer then stock.

Rear is adjustable from 195% to 215% stiffer then stock.

- Andrew

What is the final verdict regarding using the COBB front bar on the Outback? Can it be done?

I called them on Wednesday and asked them specifically if they had mounted a set to an XT and they said they had. Didn't ask about the NA model.

Well, that is just wonderful! I called them and they told me it fits, and then you receive an email that says they have not tested it yet. So, I wonder what the hell they did, mount the set, gawk at the pretty colors and their logo, drink another beer and then remove them? "A'yuh, Lamar, they's fit alright! Sure are purdy too!"

Gee, I sure am glad Cobb's right hand is talking to their left hand! NOT! (Sebberry, this is not directed at you at all, I'm just venting at the unprofessional inconsistencies from Cobb.)

I have a set coming in the mail tomorrow based on my earlier phone conversation with them. I'll probably make another call (at the very least) before attempting to mount them. I'd rather not be their Guinea Pig.

Archived