LegacyGT.com

COBB or Borla?

mmm def

Wait for the COBB or go for the Borla? I haven't heard the Borla yet, but I really like the look of the COBB mufflers, however on the video it seemed too quiet. Has anybody heard the Borla yet, and are the tips as big as COBBS? Not sure what to do...I have about $1k in fun money..Accessport or exhaust, hmmmmm.

I have the Borla installed on my 05 LGT. It sounds great! A deep, throaty sound. Not loud at all for a cat-back system. I guess it's the 3 cats before it that keeps it low. But, I highly recommend Borla. As far as the tips....I am not familiar with Cobb's, I can just say the Borls look stock. And I purchased this from Summit for $699. -KevinH
KevinH

[quote name='kevinh']I have the Borla installed on my 05 LGT. It sounds great! A deep, throaty sound. Not loud at all for a cat-back system. I guess it's the 3 cats before it that keeps it low. But, I highly recommend Borla. As far as the tips....I am not familiar with Cobb's, I can just say the Borls look stock. And I purchased this from Summit for $699. -KevinH[/QUOTE] Pics??? Sound bite maybe??? :D
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

OK, I wasted a lot of my time today, trying to make a sound clip. I went out and videotaped my car reving....transfered it to my mac...edited it on iMovie....exported to Quicktime. I could not export it to a mpeg for Windows Media, for you PC guys...sorry. Now I cannot attach it to this thread. It does not accept movie or audio files. Even transfering it to just a sound aiff file. Didn't work. Anyone, seriously wanting to buy a Borla and could open a .mov. I will e-mail it to you. PM me. Over the weekend I will insert pics, but it looks totally like stock. -KevinH
KevinH

PMed For those who think the Cobb is too quiet, remember, there is a Y-pipe, midpipe, 3rd cat section and downpipe all to be replaced. I believe they just put on axle-backs. It should be the perfect audible level once all the rest of the components are up to snuf.

[quote name='kevinh']OK, I wasted a lot of my time today, trying to make a sound clip. I went out and videotaped my car reving....transfered it to my mac...edited it on iMovie....exported to Quicktime. I could not export it to a mpeg for Windows Media, for you PC guys...sorry. Now I cannot attach it to this thread. It does not accept movie or audio files. Even transfering it to just a sound aiff file. Didn't work. Anyone, seriously wanting to buy a Borla and could open a .mov. I will e-mail it to you. PM me. Over the weekend I will insert pics, but it looks totally like stock. -KevinH[/QUOTE] WTF??? Just post the pics..... :eek:
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

OK....with help from .Mac I hosted a page with my Quicktime Movie. I will keep it up till the New Year. Just click on the link below. [url]http://homepage.mac.com/kevinhamel/Legacy_GT/iMovieTheater22.html[/url] -KevinH
KevinH

I think it might be the recording. Sound a bit louder than I thought, and I LOVE it!!! Tips look a little bigger than stock, very nice, I will be ordering one soon, thanks Kevin. Can you do maybe a drive-by or an in car recording? Maybe a 20-60 run in 2nd? That would be hot.

Yeah, the mic picked up a lot of gear whining. It obviously is not over bearing like that. But, you can make out the throaty deep sound the Borla resonates. I probably could somehow make better recording with a different mic or location. But, maybe another day. -KevinH
KevinH

Archived