LegacyGT.com

CO: Monthly "Drive It, Drive It" Meet.

eekay

So, a couple of us Colorado Leggy owners were talking about setting up some sort of monthly meet around the Denver, Boulder, Aurora, etc... area where we could choose a certain day of each month (1st, 2nd, 3rd Sunday or Saturday or something) and do some sort of activity, have lunch, then go for a drive. This was first set up by RIVERWHITE but turned out to be a no-show ('cept me... :( ) but it really could be a good idea if people were to want to do it.

So, are there any Coloradans that would like to participate in such a monthly meet? We could certainly change the activity and ride routes each time. We just started with golf. I figured this would be worth a shot anyway. If we can get enough people, we can even have stuff reserved for such an "event" which might kinda neat. ;)

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great! :)

Like I'd mentioned, we can switch days, activities, etc... So ideas on activities and dates are more than welcome for the next meet. The sooner we decide, the sooner we can have it.

I was thinking maybe we could do another meet this month due to the first being a no-show. Anyone have an issue with doing this sort of thing on the 3rd Sunday of every month? We can also alternate to the 3rd Saturday of every month too for folks that always work on one of those two days.

Anyone in? Anyone have any ideas as to what the activity and where the drive should be?

I have a suggestion....

Not sure if anyone can make it but in my neighborhood they close down 32nd street for the Highlands fair in June. This time it's the 3rd Saturday June 20th from 1000 to dusk. Just wanted to throw that out there. They have vendors, 2 live bands and adult pops (drink outside on the streets...is it Vegas?) and overall good times. People can park around mi casa and walk as their will be some street closures. Get some Leggy together and talk shop....

I'd be into doing some meets this summer. The Highlands street fair is fun - unfortunately I will be in PHX that weekend. In any case, count me in, and I'll ponder some meeting places/drives.
Semper ubi sub ubi.

@grocery getter

Nice. That sounds like fun. I have no problem with this at all. We'll see if we can round up some more people. :)

@syphax

Excellent. The more ideas and days we come up with and plan for, the better. Especially if people are notified plenty in advance.

Anyone else up for the Highlands Fair on the 20th of June? Are we going to go for a ride afterward? What neat roads do they have around there?

i'm moving to colorado springs next month. id like to meet up with you guys sometime!

:wub: your wagon!! :wub:

....I'll even buy the first round!

:spin:

Haha. That sounds good to me! I'll buy the second. :)

:spin::spin:

Yee haw, sounds like fun! I'm down as long as I can get the time off. I can't make the 20th as I'm doing a charity 5k, but I'd love to set up a regular meeting day/time for the future.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Oh yeah. tingtang, do you still want me to bring that strut bar? I'm pretty damn sure it won't fit. But, if you'd like to test it I'll be more than happy to drag it along.

^nah... ive heard strut bars dont make a huge difference on our cars because the strut sits so close to our firewall.... thanks anyways though... so where is our first meet gonna be?? hopefully not way out in the burbs... lol

So far, the first meet is set for June 20th (Saturday) at grocery getter's house for the Highlands Fair. I think there is 4 of us so far. We need to round up more people!

Yeah. Next Saturday. Not sure about the time yet. I suppose we'll wait for grocery getter to give us one as I have no idea when he plans on heading to the fair.

Yeah. Next Saturday. Not sure about the time yet. I suppose we'll wait for grocery getter to give us one as I have no idea when he plans on heading to the fair.

Alright guys here's the dealo...

The fair starts at 1000 am and end around dusk (700ish?)

I just found out that my wife is having people over since we have been at our current home for a year. So that means that people will be coming to the house around 400 - 600 pm for the party but it's pretty much going to like a open house meaning we will be going back and forth to the fair and the house though out the day. Please feel free to bring any one else (as our neighbors are also having friends over as well), their will be food, drinks and corn hole and flip cup...heehee??

So to wrap it up....

I would suggest anytime from 200- 600 pm (time frame for the party), pleae remember that they will be closing 32nd and parking maybe a bit tough but if you give me a ring I am planning to try to reserve some spots early in the AM.

Give me a ring thinking: 400 pm meet time

Look forward to meeting everyone and checking out your rides and planning the next meet! :)

Archived