LegacyGT.com

CO: Locals buying the WBR FMIC setup

enthusiast

I've got a gt30 kit (fmic/plumbing/uppipe/downpipe/intake) plus injectors & a fuel pump to install. I'd planned on doing it over a wkend to introduce my 17 yr old son to modding, but if there's going to be an install party, we may be interested in attending.

Ted, are you selling your TMIC then? Can I call dibs? :p
If Scott backs out, you can have it :lol:

John, when are you doing yours? As I said, I am waiting for FedEx to get off their a$$ and pay me so I can get a new core. Once that happens, I think I have everything to do the install :D

:spin:

Yeah, I got the WBR intake. I got all of mine coated for me, as usual :lol:

BUT...

If I had it to do over again I might have done it myself w/ wrinkle coat...

Now, Group Buy on grills for the lower section rock protection :lol:

I'm gonna wrinkle coat mine when it comes then i guess I can do an install day with you guys.

My only concern is I didn't get a CAI..So I might have to drive around with half the stock airbox cocked at a funny angle with the filter zip-tied in place

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Would powder coating hurt the pipes? I am looking for a durable finish.

Allen I was doing the same thing looking at both units. After reading all of the threads on both the WBR looked to be a more complete solution. One thing that made me weary of the AVO was people having problems with the fog lights.

Allen I was doing the same thing looking at both units. After reading all of the threads on both the WBR looked to be a more complete solution. One thing that made me weary of the AVO was people having problems with the fog lights.

No, in fact, it'll help insulate the pipes. I'm looking at possibly sending my pipes to Swain to get a BBE coating. $40/foot....but, according to the coater, the coating not only keeps alot of heat out, it "encourages" it to leave whatever is coated as well....in other words, kind of like kicks out the heat from the pipes.

http://www.swaintech.com/store.asp?pid=10968

Yeah, I got the WBR due to its overall packaging...plus I could get it in black....I like stealth.

praedet...keep us informed of any solutions you run across for the lower protection for the IC.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I would coat the pipes in something that keeps the heat in...

You don't want the heat in your engine, and the cold side should be pretty cold in the first place.

Now the Core, get that coated w/ the BBE coating...

I did the core in Crucial's BBE, and the pipes in their barrier coating...

I'm most likely going to get my pipes anodized since we send out a lot of parts for that here at work. That should be very durable, but won't do anything for heat transfer like the BBE coating. Is it just the core that comes black when you select that option, or do they wrinkle paint the pipes too?

Steve, I hadn't read that about the AVO and the fog problems, thanks for the heads up.

-Allen

I'm most likely going to get my pipes anodized since we send out a lot of parts for that here at work. That should be very durable, but won't do anything for heat transfer like the BBE coating. Is it just the core that comes black when you select that option, or do they wrinkle paint the pipes too?

Steve, I hadn't read that about the AVO and the fog problems, thanks for the heads up.

-Allen

Just the core comes black....pipes are uncoated.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

looks like ted isn't the only one with shipping problems

WBR somehow forgot to put my apartment number on the label and the UPS guy was too busy to ask at the leasing office...even though 9 out of 10 times he just leave my packages at the office anyways

so instead of getting it today....either tomorrow or monday

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

got it!!

Dumb ass UPS guy DID leave it at the office yesterday....but marked it down as "undelieverable" cause he was too lazy to put it back on his truck.

So it sat at the office overnight and all day.... grrr I could have had it painted by now and half installed already

Starting on the painting now.... making a walkthrough in the walkthrough forum

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived