LegacyGT.com

CNT DP Install

WaspGT

I shopped around for a bit before i chose the CNT. I was considering Invidia, but CNT offers the same quality for less. Perrin would have been my first choice, but you need to purchase the pipes seperately and its very costly when you're on a tight budget. You can purcgase the CNT DP for under $400 and it looks, sounds, and performs great in my opinion.

*** For the record, ive had it installed now for 6-7 months and still no issues. I had these pics laying around so i figured i'd throw them on here.:)

The issue with CNT isn't so much quality as it is consistency. Glad your piece worked out well for you.

BMB, you are correct sir. I've spoken to quite a few people who have had issues on the install because certain key pieces dont line up very well... but isnt that an on going issue with aftermarket parts period?

• Moderators
BMB, you are correct sir. I've spoken to quite a few people who have had issues on the install because certain key pieces dont line up very well... but isnt that an on going issue with aftermarket parts period?

No, just with aftermarket intercoolers :lol:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

CNT is not the same quality as Invidia. It is a Chinese made Invidia knockoff. The sand casting has changed over the years and fitment has become hit or miss with the changes. Also, the cats used are worthless. We have now seen FAR too many CNT catted down pipes have cats go bad between 1 and 2 years of use. By 2 years most are as dirty out the tail pipe as a catless pipe.

What once seemed like a great bang for the buck product has lost much of its luster.

CNT is not the same quality as Invidia. It is a Chinese made Invidia knockoff. The sand casting has changed over the years and fitment has become hit or miss with the changes. Also, the cats used are worthless. We have now seen FAR too many CNT catted down pipes have cats go bad between 1 and 2 years of use. By 2 years most are as dirty out the tail pipe as a catless pipe.

What once seemed like a great bang for the buck product has lost much of its luster.

Well, if this is true... it seems that i may have a lot to look forward to. Yet you guys built Max's LGt and he runs a CNT, beats the hell out of it at the track and loves it?:confused:

Max has one of the original CNT's fwiw.

I've seen a lot of these not fit right in person, thus my dislike for them. Well that and the cat is in the wrong place IMO. Seems like you got lucky and landed on a good fitting one.

What is your DP of choice now?

With a few tiny exhaust leaks still, I'm considering replacing the DP and buying an SPT.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Invidia is the most popular. Cobb has one of the best designs and manufacturing. I have yet to install one of the "new" TurboXS. I hear rumor that GrimmSpeed is going to release a new downpipe (much like their new 02-07 WRX pipe).

That said, I think my Cobb that I modified to be full 3" was my favorite.

Or you could buy an Invidia catless and install your own hi flow cat.

Oh, if not the cheapest than close to it. Lol. I estimate cost for CNT to be in the $200-$250 range each. Keep in mind we were able to sell the CNT catted DP for under $300 ($280) at one time. Prices have risen dramatically in the past year. Our wholesale cost was at $240 back when we sold them for $280.

Oh, if not the cheapest than close to it. Lol. I estimate cost for CNT to be in the $200-$250 range each. Keep in mind we were able to sell the CNT catted DP for under $300 ($280) at one time. Prices have risen dramatically in the past year. Our wholesale cost was at $240 back when we sold them for $280.

I got ripped off when i bought mine:mad:

I got ripped off when i bought mine:mad:

We ran a GB (just to bust the chops of another vendor) and sold 30 CNT catted down pipes for cost at $240 too.

Just to add salt to the wounds. Lol.

Archived