LegacyGT.com

Closed cuircut outside vent lets stinky air in...

tytek

I am driving a rental camry and noticed that its closed circuit vent button works much better than in my '05 l-gt. when i close the circuit in the subie to only circulate inside air, i still get outside air in (altough a little less than when in an open position).

driving in rural TN 3 days a week, where there are no emission tests, i need to have my circuit closed almost all the time, due to oil burning/catless old pieces of crap in front of me. but the stinky air still blows right through the vents... is my outside vent not closing all the way? any ideas before i take it in? :confused:

hmmm...do you get this smell all the time or is it more noticable when accelerating?

I have found the recirculate works good for keeping outside air out, except when i accelerate, i get a catalytic smell from my car inside. Usually only noticable when i am on the highway and downshift to pass or so. Eventually i will have it looked at when i am in for some other warrenty stuff. Nothing too major, hence the reason i have been so lazy.

Its really only in 4th at 4k + RPM. Most all other driving situations i don't notice anything. Air certainly does flow through the system even when the HVAC is off though, huge difference between everything off compared to just recirculate selected though. Everything off might as well be medium fan power.

in 'recirculate mode' i still get outside stinky air in pretty much in any situation... when stopped at a light, when driving city and highway speeds. it is rather annoying. need to have my drug dealer look into it ... and hopefully fix it!

Archived