LegacyGT.com

any clearance issues with your suspension setups?

el scorcho

I've been pondering a drop now for a while, but I'm way paranoid about clearance issues.

I used to have an integra and my mudflaps would always squeak when going over speedbumps with my very modest drop (had type-r springs which dropped less than an inch or about an inch).

I've been very comfortable going over bumps of all sizes in my legacy, but I really, really hate the squat, body roll and downright piggishness of the stock suspension.

anyways...can you guys chime in on any clearance issues with your setups?

I am running coilovers with a very agressive drop and the rbs front lip.. I have not had any rubbing or clearance issues.

I too had a lowered Honda (civic) and had a ton of friends with lowered integras...those cars always rubbed mudflaps or front spoilers, the Legacy does not suffer from the same fate.

I'm currently running ~1"/1+" drop F/R on a wagon w/ stock size tires (215/45-17) on stock size rims w/ 48mm offset w/ no issues. However, I'm glad you brought this up. I'm curious if anyone's running 245/35-18s on 18x8s dropped w/o issues. I'd like to make the jump to that wheel/tire setup IF I get feedback that it won't be an issue.

I'm currently running ~1"/1+" drop F/R on a wagon w/ stock size tires (215/45-17) on stock size rims w/ 48mm offset w/ no issues. However, I'm glad you brought this up. I'm curious if anyone's running 245/35-18s on 18x8s dropped w/o issues. I'd like to make the jump to that wheel/tire setup IF I get feedback that it won't be an issue.

nope, I ran 255/35/18 and 245/40/18 tires, no rubbing here that a pair of front camber plates and some spring preload can't fix that minor clearance ;)

I'm also using 18x8.5 wheels too.

Keefe

Sorry for semi-hijacking your thread. I go over speed bumps, parking lot and residential, and don't scrape anywhere. There are entrances to certain stores, driveways and such where I whack my tow rings in front, but I haven't seriously damaged the front bumper. On rare occasions I scuff the muffler tips in the same situations, but my tips are larger and protrude further than stock. You will almost certainly whack parking lot curbs and barriers w/ your front bumper if you're lowered. Remember my car is 'sensibly' lowered, not slammed. Hope this helps.

thanks for the replies...but what I meant was, do any of you have issues with going over large bumps and steep driveways/inclines/etc.?

No, I hop over curbs at the track and have had the car completely on 2-wheels.. also driven over large sharp/peaky speed bumps.. I'm fine because I run on a stiffer suspension and also a lot shorter on suspension travel.. I've lowered the car to where the bottom of my front bumper can clear over a concrete wheel-stop. My drop is very close to 2".. If have a JDM lip, it would have broken by now.

Running a short-traveling suspension setup will take out the slack from the car scraping on stuff because you wont get that oscillating motion from the shock going up and down after when you hit the bump or pothole.

Keefe

Archived