LegacyGT.com

Cleansweep DEAD - HELP!

obxt

I finally installed my stereo upgrade this weekend: Cleansweep, JL500/5 amp, XR650CXi speakers in front, integrated with my existing HK Drive + Play. Hooked everything up, calibrated the CS, and it sounded awesome! Played it for about 2 hrs, and it abruptly went dead on my drive into work this morning. The CS appears to be dead - no lights on the unit, no sound, no light on the input selector LED. I checked the connections, and the external fuse, and I am getting power to both the continuous and ACC power terminals, and I have a good ground. Everything else in the system appears to be working. Any ideas? Maybe an internal fuse or breaker of some kind? I bought it used on ebay, so I assume I can't get technical help from JL.

OK, I found the problem. It was the signal sense switch. I was using the ipod on the aux input. I had checked to make sure the stereo was on, but I forgot that I still had a blank CD in slot 6 (I had been using Jazzy's aux input solution). Apparently CD5 was playing, and when it switched to CD6, the cleansweep no longer detected an audio signal from the HU, and it switched off.

while we are on the topic of fixing things... I currently have a very similiar setup as obxt. Cleansweep, xr650-Csi in front, and xr650-Cxi in rear and for some reason when playing the radio the volume coming from the drivers side is FAR weaker than the volume on the passenger side. To make it sound balanced I have to adjust the balance on the head unit to +5 Left just to make it sound right. And when I play an AUX source its just barely noticible that the passanger side is louder. Any ideas?

what amp are you running? you might want to reverse the output of the CS and see if the issue follows or stays. That will narrow down the issue to the amp or the CS. Some amps have channel gain vs. the same L/R. If I remember right, the CS does as well.

Ok so I reversed the output and the balance is PERFECT. Of course L is R and R is L now but otherwise equal amount of volume coming from both sides. And so I started thinking maybe it was because the cables were loose the first time. So I go ahead and put them back as I should and again volume is MUCH more passanger-side biased. I ended up switching it back just to have equal output. Any ideas what's going on?

Archived