LegacyGT.com

Choppy after AP: 06 OBXT

Sublimejoe

I put an accessport on my 06 Outback XT yesterday and it has stalled twice over the weekend. Idle is a little low and if I have the A/C on it comes pretty close to stalling when I stop at a light.

When I first installed it I accidentally installed the map as realtime and it ran like ****, so I tried it again and installed it as Flash. When I changed the map it only took a few seconds as opposed to the first time, which took about ten minutes. Is that normal?

Here is what I see what I check my current map:

http://i.imgur.com/qpmQSl.jpg

followed by:

http://i.imgur.com/qt84Nl.jpg

Does that look OK or should "reflash" be on the top of the list? I put 50 miles on the car with the realtime map on, then changed it to reflash and put on another 40 miles.

Am I doing it wrong?

The very first time, the AP is marrying itself to the car (copying the ROM directly, then saving it). It takes a while.

Cover the basics:

Is the car in otherwise perfect shape? Nothing broken or service overdue?

You actually are using 93 Octane, right? Not 89 or 91 or 92 or anything silly like that?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Update: Today I uninstalled the AP and reinstalled using the ACN 91 map. Things have smoothed out a bit and it seems to be learning.

On my way home from work the highest knock I got was -4.0 and about an hour later after a quick 30 miles run to pick some things up my peak knock was -2.0

The car still stutters a bit sometimes when accelerating from a stop, but it has now decreased to stuttering at one out of five accelerations from a stop. Here is my datalog from the ride home:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmChr0kCMGJudGllNFMxRU1SelF3cE5fMUQ1em1fc0E&hl=en_US

I do indeed. I called COBB and they suggested I try that map out on the off chance I got a shitty tank of gas. It is definitely running better than it was before so it looks like I may have actually gotten a bad batch of gas.

Did you check out the datalog? To me it looks better than the first one I posted but I am not a pro.

FWIW - whenever I've changed to a new AP map, fuel trims are usually off for several ignition on/off cycles and it acts like it's gonna stall, and sometimes does it if I'm too timid with the G-pedal. After a few o/o cycles, it smooths out and runs properly.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

If you've gotten bad gas (for however long), you may want to try a 12oz bottle of Chevron Techron in the tank. Put it in when empty and fill up afterwards.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 years later...
I do indeed. I called COBB and they suggested I try that map out on the off chance I got a shitty tank of gas. It is definitely running better than it was before so it looks like I may have actually gotten a bad batch of gas.

Did you check out the datalog? To me it looks better than the first one I posted but I am not a pro.

Joe what was the outcome of this as I have had the same issues with the ACN91 Cobb map.

Looked over both logs. Your target throttle position % was really low at idle ( upper 3% to low 4%) which dictates your engine RPM. You also only hit just over 14psi of boost. The ACN 91 map has your throttle position % in the mid to upper 5% range, giving you the extra 100-200RPM when stopped. You also hit 14.9psi of boost, though your total timing dipped lower (to prevent knock/timing being pulled).

Looks like the crap gas map is working better for you, based off both sets of logs. Maybe stick with that for the time being?

Archived