LegacyGT.com

If you have a non-turbo, don't hold your breath for a Cobb AP.

The best thing to do is find a knowledgeable suby person to help you try to download your ROM. If you're successfull, post it on enginuity.org in the ecu def request.

Enginuity does support some NA cars, but I didn't see the LGT 2.5i listed.

^^^ not to be nit-picky, but "LGT 2.5i"... no such beast.

rallitek has a PP6 that does the same thing as a chip. but the HP to dollar ratio sucks. there's not a whole lot of power to be squeezed out of an NA 2.5L 4-banger with no changes to the internals. even then, the HP to dollar ratio sucks.

I didn't see the Legacy 2.5i ecu listed in the enginuity defs. Is it the same as the 2006 WRX 2.5i? Does the Legacy 2.5i have intake AVCS?

If the 2.5i is designed for 87 octane, it would be easy to get a few extra ponies using opensource by tuning it for 91 octane. You could also reduce or zero out the OL/CL delays.

Guest subiecity

That looks like it works similar to the resistors sold on ebay that trick the ecu thinking a diff temp of air is coming in. Should lean out the car and may do serious damage. I say stay away.

BWAUUAHAHAHAH its the truth me n my freind had the same exact 1999 honda civic , we had a lil tuning war goin on to see who could get theirs faster....i lightened mine and went NA....he did the same and then thought he had an advantage when he chipped his from EBAY....ahahah he blew the ****** motor HAHAH i won

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 2002 LGT. I'm not too worried about $$ to HP ratio as I don't expect to be doing too many performance mods in the first place (like SeattleLegacy said, no forced induction). I found this jenky, generic looking chip ( http://www.ajusa.com/details/Jet-Performance-65002-ECU-Upgrade-Kit/157/0/10573/0?vc=JET&pn=ECU+Upgrade+Kit& ) but I don't trust it. Again, as mentioned earlier in the thread - I'm not trying to lean out my A/F and blow **** up.

Thoughts? (Thanks in advance)

Archived