LegacyGT.com

Check your Belts!!!

Good idea to inspect your belts.

I took my car up to the dealership yesterday to have them check out the tranny seal/wheel bearing issue and while the service adviser was getting my information he popped the hood to check things out.

My service advisor is a good guy, and has never tried to rip me off, that is why I go back to him.

He shined his flashlight on my power steering alternator and AC belts, and they were just about shredded. I mean chunks taken out on all parts of the ribs.

The car is approx 2 years old (06 GT) and has 50K miles on it.

Now I am in Phx arizona and we do deal with the hot summers. But go ahead and check them if you have not, I am surprised mine were still holding on.

And knowing is half the battle.

• 8 months later...
Any issues with aftermarket belts.??

wish I could tell you which ones were used, but a shop put some aftermarkets on mine and I got some horrible squeaking. OEM back on and fine!

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 2 weeks later...

WOw timing belt on a 2005?

Seems early to replace a timing belt!

I am too lazy to go check right now but you have me worried.

300HP and I drive it like I'm a transporter and I have 53k miles.

Will I find shredded belts? Temperature is pretty mild here and I notice everything so I would think I would have seen something.

I'll check it later today.

thanks

Archived