LegacyGT.com

Chasing down a p0106...

I bought a bluetooth obdii scanner. Best purchase for 20 bucks ever. My 98lgt is throwing a p0106 "manifold absolute pressure/barometric pressure circuit range/performance problem" and Ive checked voltage on the map, and read quite a bit, beyond replacing the map, could my cone filter be causing the problem? It was on the car when i bought her.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/21/ypepara2.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

The snorkus (plastic thing in fender) is normally connected to the stock airbox. If you run a set up like you have now, the MAF sensor will spike causing the engine to run rich.

But I don't think that would cause your code. If you could get a stock airbox for cheap you could see if it will go away.

see here:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1471819

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/intake-help-98-legacy-outback-221627.html

it looks like you are missing a vac hose,

it goes to the lower device mounted on the strut tower.

the appears to be a clean shiny nipple pointing at the engine that has no hose.

it should have a hose on it coming from the intake manifold.

there should be a routing diagram on the under side of the hood.

I really need to track down a stock airbox. And thanks for the links mailman. I think. I am slightly convinced I want to get rid of the "torque box," and get a stock intake filter box and keep the snorkus. Or, maybe I want to do a snorkus delete and....da fuq this is more confusing than it should be...MAF and MAP? THe EJ25D has both? I'm...what? Oh god, why...

I really need to track down a stock airbox. And thanks for the links mailman. I think. I am slightly convinced I want to get rid of the "torque box," and get a stock intake filter box and keep the snorkus. Or, maybe I want to do a snorkus delete and....da fuq this is more confusing than it should be...MAF and MAP? THe EJ25D has both? I'm...what? Oh god, why...

lol this may help:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/intake-help-98-legacy-outback-221627.html

Fixed the p0106 CEL. Vac hose from PSSSV fixed it. Much smoother running now.

Got a J pipe today, all I want now is a stock box. The cone filter is loud as batshit. Now I'm considering a Vibrant muffler...

But, stock everything else? I am looking at the uel headers, but...I might consider a swap in the future, and I wouldn't be able to use those if it's a 2.0 or 2.2 I swap in, right? Then the pipe itself...cat back? Resonator? 2.25 or 2.5" pipe? I need to do some research...I love vibrant mufflers. Had a flat black one a long time ago on my, yes...honda...but it was awesome. The muffler. The car was, okay...

The UELs would'nt work on the turbo'd motor, no.. but they are what will give you the signature rumble, and for only $130 youll be glad you rocked them in the meantime

i'd do no bigger than 2.25", cat-back with 18" resonator, I had a Vibrant one but I'd bet a generic would cut down raspy-ness all the same for cheaper... the 1046 was 2.5" in, 4" out..

it was slick

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/Green%20Subaru/000_0005.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/Green%20Subaru/100_0081.jpg

I'd be convinced to do uel headers, 2.25" cat back, generic resonator and vibrant muffler if I can find a shop that would do it for a reasonable price, though I don't know what a reasonable price for that work would be.

Did you have a shop fab that up for you? That looks so nice, exactly what I would want. What kind of material is the pipe? Do most shops do mandrel bends? Would it eventually get all nasty looking like the stock exhaust?

I paid $220ish bucks for a local shop to install the mandrel bent SS piping from the cat-back, weld in the res and weld on the muffler,, so for all labor and piping... did the headers myself,

not sure if its a normal thing to mandrel bend, i asked specifically for it just in case lol

it stayed that nice looking through two winters in the PNW.. except the pipes would scrape some places i had to be careful once i went lowered

PNW? Same here, tricities, Pasco Washington.

That's not bad at all. I'll poke around, get some quotes. Maybe buy the uel headers...

Yeah, I'll definitely ask for the mandrel bends as well.

I don't plan on lowering too much, maybe half an inch in the rear, 3/4 inch or so in the front. I hate the saggy butt look.

The snorkus (plastic thing in fender) is normally connected to the stock airbox. If you run a set up like you have now, the MAF sensor will spike causing the engine to run rich.

I've had a HKS Super Magaflow intake on my 99LGT since I bought it without one issue.

Zues that's a nice exhaust but it looks like they could've went straight back to the rear subframe? The less bends the better.

• 1 month later...
it looks like you are missing a vac hose,

it goes to the lower device mounted on the strut tower.

the appears to be a clean shiny nipple pointing at the engine that has no hose.

it should have a hose on it coming from the intake manifold.

there should be a routing diagram on the under side of the hood.

Hey there! I registered for this forum to ask about this hose...now I just want to say thanks! I found it was still there but disconnected. I'm hoping this was the cause of my p0106 code.

Archived