LegacyGT.com

CEL and A/C Issue

c-note

Hello all,

New to the forum having just purchased an 07 legacy 2.5i, Newport Blue to use as a commuter car. I traded in my 06 Volvo s40 2.4i (it was a total piece:mad: ). I am really happy with the car so far, but have had some problems. The CEL came on at about 1,000 miles and the dealer is now replacing my catalytic converter. They say this is not too big of a job and should not effect the long term reliability of the car so I am not all that upset.

The other issue I have noticed is that when the A/C is on, the air blows extremely cold for about 15 seconds or so and then seems to warm up for a few seconds before returning to super cold air. For those few seconds, it is not blowing hot air, but not as cool. It is almost like the compressor is cycling off for a bit as I can feel increased humidity in the air. This is not a huge deal now, but I wonder if it will become more noticable in the warmer summer months here in Texas.

Anyway, I searched around and it seems people are expeiencing this issue, though I couldn't get a clear consensus of what was normal and what needed fixed. Just wanted some info before I speak with the service tech. Look forward to becoming a regular around here in the future.

Sorry for the long post :)

• 5 years later...

Hello,

Have you found a solution to your AC problem? Mine is doing the same exact thing, and here in the burrning Oklahoma summers its NOT enough. I took it to the dealer while under warranty and they told me they couldn't find anything wrong they replenish the freon and the shifting in air temperature was not so noticeable. Now its doing it again and I have already spent $600 and not much difference in the cooling and everybody its clueless of what might be going on.

Archived