LegacyGT.com

What catted downpipes do you have on your MT car?

edkwon

Yes im asking about downpipes with a high flow cat because i dont want a catless downpipe, since paired up with my catback exhaust, its going to be insanely loud and i dont feel like polluting the air too much.

Those of you who have catted aftermarket downpipes with your MT car, hows the fit, noise?

Ed

Which CBE do you have?

Keep in mind that the Cobb HFC DP is designed for a 2.5" stock donut gasket. You can modify it of course to be a full 3.0" to your CBE. Also, the O2 bung is in front of the cat. The picture shown by dealers is a different DP. Overall, the Cobb is definitely a quality piece.

I had an Invidia catless DP. I really liked the design of the divorced bellhousing and it was a quality built piece. It also has a 3.0" connection at the CBE. However, it does not have a wideband O2 bung in the housing.

Currently using a previously owned Crucial shorty DP with the stock 3rd cat. Can't say anything about sound because it seems like any DP with the stock CBE is super quiet.

Got the Invidia. Beautiful pipe, perfect fit, 3" all the way goodness. Not too much change in exhaust noise.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Ed -

Have you heard any concrete info regarding what fits our '07 SpecB?

When my car was on the lift getting springs installed it looked like there was very little clearance between the (big) 6-spd tranny and the DP....

Hadn't thought about that, you are 6mt, while the rest of us are 5mt. Might be some custom metal work in your future:lol:

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

PDE. It's very nice, but I think PDE is OOB.

This topic seems to come up often, so I decided to post PDE's response.

PDE is in business, our company (Autosport Dynamics) purchased the PDE Company in late December and we are manufacturing and selling PDE products at www.pde-usa.com.

We purchased all manufacturing fixtures, equipment, processes, intellectual property and design, so we are selling the exact same PDE products as were previously available from the PDE Company in California.

The LGT downpipes are currently only in stock in the catted version (PDE-2005), but we have plans to manufacture the cat-less version once again in a few months time. The PDE-2005 catted downpipe for the LGT are shipping, and can be purchased online at www.pde-usa.com.

Thank you for your enquiry Michael.

Regards,

Susan Abe

Customer Service Representative

Autosport Dynamics LLC

dba. PDE Inc.

I installed an Invidia catted DP with an MR catback on a customer's car yesterday and let's just say that the 2 do not like each other. Invidia generally makes nice quality parts, but the end of the DP is angled upward like no tomorrow. The stocker angles up slightly, but the Invidia ramped upward so much that even the stock catback was a tight fit to the heatshield above. The MR catback did not fit with it at all, even with the flex piped resonator. Fortunately I managed to get a hold of a friend who owns a shop and has a TIG welder, so after a couple cuts and welds to the DP it all fits like a glove and sounds wonderful. The one cat in the DP really makes a difference compared to my catless car. The sound is a little smoother and definitely quieter.

Interesting. I thought my Invidia catted DP mated up to the stock CBE just fine. I should crawl back under and look at that flange again....

I thought lookslikeanevo had an Invidia catless DP and MR CBE. I wonder if the catless and catted DP are different.

He does, and he even has the original resonator without the downward angle and flex pipe, so it was definitely a surprise to me when I saw the way the catted Invidia and MR CBE fit together. Who knows, might have just been one unit that was out of tolerance or something like that. Heck even with the stock catback, there was only about 1/4"-3/8" of clearance to the heatshield with the end of the DP being as high as it was.

I installed an Invidia catted DP with an MR catback on a customer's car yesterday and let's just say that the 2 do not like each other. Invidia generally makes nice quality parts, but the end of the DP is angled upward like no tomorrow. The stocker angles up slightly, but the Invidia ramped upward so much that even the stock catback was a tight fit to the heatshield above. The MR catback did not fit with it at all, even with the flex piped resonator. Fortunately I managed to get a hold of a friend who owns a shop and has a TIG welder, so after a couple cuts and welds to the DP it all fits like a glove and sounds wonderful. The one cat in the DP really makes a difference compared to my catless car. The sound is a little smoother and definitely quieter.

+1

I have this combo and have not yet resolved the fitment issues.

you can still get one of autospeed's downpipes on the cheap because of the sale. i think you need to have a manual as thats the only way it'll fit. correct me if i'm wrong.
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

Archived