LegacyGT.com

Caster fix question

STiSubie109

After doing a little bit or searching it seems that my pulling to the right is due to caster specs being off. Will this affect tire wear over the long term? Looking to get it fixed soon, can a normal alignment shop do it or do I have to bring it to the stealership? Thanks

check for the front subframe, it could be that the bolts have some little play in them and that one side of the subframe is further forward than the other.. it doesnt take much to change an angle of caster (found out from a tech that works with Subarus and he help reworked an 05 STi). It wont ruin your tire wear, it's just annoying that it pulls. You can try to take it to a good mechanic shop that can do alignment work.. that's your best bet is to find an alignment shop that's willing to fiddle with your car.
Keefe

Hmm....ok i'll see if the subframe bolts are loose tonight. As long as the tire wear is not affected i can deal with the pull....it just seems to get worse over time. I'm thinking maybe because I just lowered it on pinks it might have magnified the pulling to the right. Thanks guys!

I was at 6.5° right and 5.4° left. I took mine to a frame alignment shop, and they did a four wheel alignment and adjusted the subframe to with 0.1° (5.5°R/5.4°L) for $150. It corrected a pretty strong pull.

5.5 and 5.4? Maybe it's OB.

My LGT is 5.9 (right) and 6.3 (left). No pull issues.

I dont have the results in front of me, but what I can remember:

Camber:

Front

Left:-1.8

Right:-1.8

Rear

Left:-0.9

Right:-0.5 (coudn't figure this one out)

Toe:

Front

Left:0.00

Right:0.00

Total:0.00

Rear

Left:0.00

Right:0.00

Total:0.00

Caster

Front

Left:5.5

Right:5.4

Rear N/A

I had a corner balance at the same time.

LF-RR:50% 1803lbs

RF-LR:50% 1804lbs

Ride height is near 26 15/16" front and 27 3/4" rear.

Archived