LegacyGT.com

Carbon Fiber V-Limited / S203 Style Lip-Will it fit?

YBNormal07

Hello all,

As the title suggests, I'm wondering if this lip will fit our LGT front? Prior to trading in my STi I got in on a group by about 4 months ago for this lip:

http://ravspeconline.com/ecommerce/product_info.php?cPath=1_30_59&products_id=219

Obviously it is for an STi, but word has it that some of these lips will fit our rides also. The biggest concern of course is that the V-limited lip mounts to the lower splitters found on the stock USDM STi, with the middle rising up and mounting to the lower piece of the actual bumper.

I'm willing to try to modify this to fit the LGT as long as it isn't too extensive. I saw the post on the JDM lip earlier, and from the start, it looked very similiar, as though they actually cut the top piece off to fit the smooth lower face of our bumbers.

Alternatively, is anyone aware of a JDM style LGT front bumper that offers similar splitters as the stock USDM STi? If so, I could always get it and mount the v-limited lip on to it.

I realize the LGT is a tad wider than the STi, but I've never actually measured it. Any help/direction/suggestions would be appreciated. I got this lip at such a good price ($300) I figured to give it a shot and if it requires to much modification to mount, I can always resell it at a profit or get all of my money back out of it.

Thanks!

Tried, GC/GD lips are to small plus the curvature is not right.,...

Can;t fit.

EA

I interpret that as you did actually try to install a GC or GD lip onto a Legacy. Was it the same style (S203) as that style extends about 2" out. Curvature is my biggest concern as it has the spats/wings on the ends, and it will need to snug right up against the side in order to work right.

Guess I'll just wait to get it in and see what I'm dealing with...if not, up for sale it goes.

I interpret that as you did actually try to install a GC or GD lip onto a Legacy. Was it the same style (S203) as that style extends about 2" out. Curvature is my biggest concern as it has the spats/wings on the ends, and it will need to snug right up against the side in order to work right.

Guess I'll just wait to get it in and see what I'm dealing with...if not, up for sale it goes.

We tried a couple of options before we decided to go with a customed lip using LGT Spec B one...it was totally off too but we liked the design so based it off to custom make our own.

Am collecting my ride tonite, will post pic of the new customed lip (sample fiberglass model, final product will be PU)

EA

Yeah, I should've showed you this before: http://www.pimpmyauto.com/Docs/STi%20Front%20Lip%20install.doc

You can see pics exactly how it is, and all the mount points. I hope it works out for ya!

Thanks a lot!! That should help me out tremendously. The style I've got coming in is a bit different than the one you installed, but I'm hoping the inner dimensions are about the same. Once it's in, I'll post up to let everyone know if this particular style can be retrofitted on the LGT.

Archived