LegacyGT.com

The car that sold me on the Legacy...

I just bought my LGT, silver on black, 5MT...you can see it in the new member section and the silver lgt thread....But I thought I'd share the demo that I test drove....the car that sold me on the Legacy...

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery/data/dc960c46c38bd16e953d97cdeefdbc68/1856_p40722.jpg

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery/data/dc960c46c38bd16e953d97cdeefdbc68/1856_p40726.jpg

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery/data/dc960c46c38bd16e953d97cdeefdbc68/1856_p40724.jpg

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery/data/dc960c46c38bd16e953d97cdeefdbc68/1856_p40729.jpg

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery/data/dc960c46c38bd16e953d97cdeefdbc68/1856_p40730.jpg

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery/data/dc960c46c38bd16e953d97cdeefdbc68/1856_p40732.jpg

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery/data/dc960c46c38bd16e953d97cdeefdbc68/1856_p40733.jpg

full custom exhaust with magnaflows....from turbo back

work emotion 18 X 7.5 bronze

it also had the STi short shifter, STi frt upper strut bar, Momo shift knob, and VAFC2 mounted in the cubby....very fun to drive, especially test drive...without the salesman.... :D

the bad:

what you can't see is that this poor jewel got hammered with hail :( ....I'm an estimator at a body shop and I think it's probably a $8-12k repair.....it needs a windshield, roof, RT fender, frt skin, rr skin, might repair the qtr....needs a hood, trunk lid, and repair on the whole left side....a complete paint job in the end, since the rear bumper also has a small collision and the front has lic holes with rust running down it...it also needs belt/trim moldings all over.....it has about 5,500 miles too....so it's been driven...I think by a dealership employee.....anyway, it's still at Austin Subaru if anyone wants to check it out....they want too much for it tho....the're askin $28k as is.....the sticker they had on was $34,000 they said....so they're givin $6k off for the damages...

If you can read this, you're following too close.

Click Me

I'd consider buying that car for ~13k. It is damaged, modded, and probably has several hard miles. (5500 miles, no wonder it looks like a used car, even if it is a dealer demo)

I'd have my brother-in-law's bodyshop do the work to fix the dents, panels and glass. I'd strip and re-paint those hot Work wheels in a hyper-silver, or hyper-black... (I've been looking at the ROTA rip-offs of that wheel anyway...) Or sell them to one of you guys for cash to put into BBS RG-Rs and rotas/snows for winter.

The best part... if it needs a new paint job anyway, that is a good excuse for a re-spray in WR Blue!!! YEAH, Baby, YEAH!

I'd borrow the money for the car, then sell my truck for the money to repair it my way. I'd trade in my truck for the right car at ~30k, anyway, so it isn't much different, and might even be cheaper, with less interest paid. No way I would get $17k in trade for my truck, so the loan principal would actually be lower, and financed shorter.

New (hopefully thicker) windsheild, new CF hood (no more hail dents, past or future.) new trunk lid without the holes for the wing... K2gear sedan lip spoiler would go on instead, with the rest of the k2 reiz (M5-look) kit. My brother-in-law/my wife's cousin is an american who lives every-other year in Japan, with his japanese wife. He might be able to arrange shipping of the bumper hardware and spoiler with some of his cargo.)

A good opportunity to personalize the car. I am getting way too "into" this, as it would probably never work the way I am thinking...

From the sound of it, someone had been driving the car for a while, and had been modifying it. It is obviously not under 1k miles, but who knows how it was broken in, tho. I am considering getting a used RBP/Black Leather/5MT sedan, anyway... so maybe break-in is a ? no matter what for me.

Hopefully it has a 5MT and a black interior...

I'll try not to judge......but your insinuating a hard test drive in some one elses car.

He's insinuating a hard test drive in a dealer demo, and he was a serious prospective buyer who ended up buying a car based on the test drive. I don't see any problem.

I'll try not to judge......but your insinuating a hard test drive in some one elses car.

glad you didn't judge.....I didn't drive it hard....I had a lot of fun in it tho....I never took it over 5k revs......I didn't break 90 mph.....what I really meant by the comment, since you're so concerned about a car you'll never have anything to do with, was that I personally feel a little timid on testdrives with salesman and tend to sell myself short on actually getting a good feel for the car, whereas this time I felt comfortable enought to open her up a little......and as someone mentioned in this thread, the car has 5500+ miles and was modded from the dealer....it is a DEMO!....you think I would've been the first person to drive it hard? and another posed the question, did you buy the car you test drove? ;)

Click Me

glad you didn't judge.....I didn't drive it hard....I had a lot of fun in it tho....I never took it over 5k revs......I didn't break 90 mph.....what I really meant by the comment, since you're so concerned about a car you'll never have anything to do with, was that I personally feel a little timid on testdrives with salesman and tend to sell myself short on actually getting a good feel for the car, whereas this time I felt comfortable enought to open her up a little......and as someone mentioned in this thread, the car has 5500+ miles and was modded from the dealer....it is a DEMO!....you think I would've been the first person to drive it hard? and another posed the question, did you buy the car you test drove? ;)

I'm curious as to how much you payed for your new Legacy, considering this "Austin Subaru" joint is WAY, WAY out of line with the price of the hail damaged unit you test drove.

It does have a sweet exhaust system though, thanks for the pics. :cool:

I'm curious as to how much you payed for your new Legacy, considering this "Austin Subaru" joint is WAY, WAY out of line with the price of the hail damaged unit you test drove.

It does have a sweet exhaust system though, thanks for the pics. :cool:

you're welcome.

I didn't buy from Austin Subaru....and I bought pre-owned.....05 lgt limited 5mt with about 8500 miles for 23.5.....and a 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty, no charge...thru SOA.

Click Me

Archived