LegacyGT.com

Car pulling to the right...

f1anatic

my car is pulling to the right and I have no idea why. In the past 6 weeks I replaced 2 struts (front and rear right side) and had the wheel alignment done twice. The other struts on the left are some 10,000 miles old. Obviously I would have expect the handling to be neutral but if anything car would pull to the left as the left side struts are older hence softer. Any ideas why it is actually pulling to the right? Obviously tire pressures are identical and the ties are both new and balanced (2000 miles). Thanks.

If the car pulls while driving at a constant speed on a straight flat road, then you either have a tire inflation problem, mismatched, or defective tires, an alignment problem, or possibly a sticking brake caliper.

my car is pulling to the right and I have no idea why. In the past 6 weeks I replaced 2 struts (front and rear right side) and had the wheel alignment done twice. The other struts on the left are some 10,000 miles old. Obviously I would have expect the handling to be neutral but if anything car would pull to the left as the left side struts are older hence softer. Any ideas why it is actually pulling to the right? Obviously tire pressures are identical and the ties are both new and balanced (2000 miles). Thanks.

get it aligned 1 more time and post complete specs, including thrust angle, caster and SAI.

Camber

Caster

Toe

SAI

Angle

Front Left

Front Right

Rear Left

Camber -0.3

Toe -0.01

Rear Right

Camber -0.6

Toe -0.01

Current settings. I ordered the LCA (front and back) and will get those changed. I have already changed them some 32,000 miles ago (2009). Should I get the balljoints too ? I am trying to stop spending money on this car...

your front caster is not even. its .8 degrees off from left to right. this indicates that your lca bushings are shot. it could def be the cause of the pull.

dont get ball joints unless you have noise or play in them. you would know if you did.

Also make sure you go to a good alignment shop. Ive had a few shops give me the run around and while the numbers look ok, the car drove like crap. Whitetiger is right though, the rear LCA bushings are probably shot. Get aftermarket ones as the stock ones rip to easily and really only last about 40K. Whiteline and AVO both have nice kits for them.

-Jake

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://upload.pbase.com/image/137566671.jpg Call directly for your best Whiteline Price! | We also carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

+3 on whiteline. I just put them in an HOLY CRAP the car feels awesome. No NVH increase either... or very minimal. I'm pretty picky about noise. My LCA bushings were completely shot. I swapped almost the entire front end with whiteline stuff.

My car was exactly the same way! My local mechanic did a pretty thorough inspection and along with the notoriety of the LCA bushings -- blamed on the stock LCA rear bushing which was torn on both sides

Stealership quoted me ~1000 which would have put in the same old crappy stock rubber bushing. Went with Whiteline bushings and with labor at local shop for 380 total!

Archived