LegacyGT.com

Can't get into my car YET AGAIN!!!

Has anyone else been locked out of their car??? AUGH!!! I'm gettin really sick and tired of this...I've never had a car I had so much trouble getting into as this one...this isn't the 1st time either....at least this time the cars not running...*and NO I didn't lock the keys in it like an idiot*...

I went out this mornin like every mornin from the 3rd floor to start my car...my remote door unlock wouldn't work...so I proceed to use the key in the ONE key hole that we have...key wont turn...now I admit its a lil chilly outside but not sub zero conditions...

so thinkin maybe the battery is dead in my remote I go get my spare set that I've NEVER used before...same thing...no beep from the car or anythin....try the key...it wont budge...

so I had to call out of work cuz I couldn't get into my car...

Last time this happend I started my car and locked the door...I just don't trust people these days...and thats when I learned when the car is running it disables the remote car unlock...STUPID if you ask me...and the key wouldn't turn in the key hole...

is it possible....that a dead battery would prevent the doors from unlocking...because thats ALL I can come up with....but seriously...NOT HAPPY right now....missing a day from work because my brand new car won't unlock....

my boss said maybe its a stephen king thing like that movie christine...LOL...at least he was cool about it...but still....:mad:

My car sometimes gets flaky on me when I try to unlock the doors with the remote, but usually after trying a few times from different angles around the car it'll unlock. Also, you should try the valet key to unlock the door. Who knows, it might work.

It happened to me once

I started the car, closed the door and popped the hood

This for some reason locked the doors

At least with our frameless windows it made it easy to have AAA use an inflatable sleeve and a long rod to hit the unlock / lock switch

From now on when ever I get out of the car with it running, I always roll down the window

after 3 hrs of pushing buttons I FINALLY got into my car....but the key still wont turn in the lock...I call my dealership and I'm bringin in the car and I'm gettin a loaner...

I can't have an unreliable car....

They think there's somethin wrong with my alarm system...

but what would cause the key to not turn in the hole??? its not frozen...

after 3 hrs of pushing buttons I FINALLY got into my car....but the key still wont turn in the lock...I call my dealership and I'm bringin in the car and I'm gettin a loaner...

I can't have an unreliable car....

They think there's somethin wrong with my alarm system...

but what would cause the key to not turn in the hole??? its not frozen...

That is correct, something is up, you should be able to turn the key in the door.

You may have a bent rod in a door that's not letting the actuartor work properly to unlock the door with the key or remote. I guess I've never used the key in mine over the last 3 years. Does the trunk release work? If so you should be able to find a midget and get in that way.
Let's kick this pig!

You may have a bent rod in a door that's not letting the actuartor work properly to unlock the door with the key or remote. I guess I've never used the key in mine over the last 3 years. Does the trunk release work? If so you should be able to find a midget and get in that way.

That's why you should have a wagon! :p

453747.png

when ever I get out of the car with it running, I always roll down the window

+1

i do this anytme i leave a car running even if its cold outside. i just never wanted to be the guy who locks my keys in the car while running. maybe its the people i associate with but i can thnk of at least 3 people i know this has happen to.

haha thats the sad part...I couldn't even get into the trunk....w/out a workin transponder the cars worthless...and if you can't get the key to turn in the lock.......well yeah ...I was screwed this mornin....but I got my rental...bah!!!

I'm 100% legacy....impreza the slightest breeze and I was in the next guys lane....booo!!!!

I do park the car outside....

got the car back today from the dealership...they couldn't figure it out...they had never heard of anythin like this happenin before...

they reprogrammed the keys and put some graphite in the lock and sent me on my way...hopefully this NEVER happens again...

I can't be in another impreza again....

this mornin I go out to the car....NOTHIN...no response from the car...but the key turned in the lock...but no alarm went off doin that...I know I armed the car the night before...I get to work and it works fine...

I call the dealership and they are stunned they dont know what to tell me...they just said they will be in contact with subaru techs....

so all day it works fine...I get back home....NOTHIN I cant arm the car...it won't work...only if I manually lock the car door...and shut it it beeps to let me know its armed...if I use the key it disarms it...I don't know ... I'm not an alarm tech but I do know I've had the car for 2 months and I'm not happy with this...I shouldn't be locked out of my car....

happens at home after sitting all night or just anytime at home? still could be a battery issue, but then it shouldnt start after you finally get in so... def something is up, i have not heard of anyone else with this problem over the 3 yrs i've been on this board. hope you get it worked out.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

hahahaha I'm thinkin so....

I took my bro up to the house today to show him...beep beep works fine...I get home tonight....nothin....I just DONT GET IT...I don't...I really don't understand the only person that has witnessed it not working is my roomate...it works fine everywhere else but home...

Maybe this has been covered but have you tried replacing the battery in the remote key fob itself? I had a remote on an earlier subaru I owned that would work sometimes and nothing other times and turns out it was a dying battery in the key fob.

same thing happened to me once...about three months ago i tried to unlock it with the remote and nothing happened...i thought i was out of range so i walked up closer to the car, still nothing...walked up even closer and aimed the remote next to the window and still nothing...finally i went inside and got the other remote and, after playing around with that one a little bit, it unlocked...after that, i've never had any problems with it...i can actually arm/disarm the car through concrete walls at my workplace now (only reason i know that is because my co-worker was playing around with the remote and pressed the panic button and we could hear the horn through the walls).

yeah, could possibly be an 08 specific thing...isn't it the first year they put the key and the remote together in one piece? haven't had any problem after that day though...also, i'm in sunny southern california so it had nothing to do with the weather, for me at least

Archived