LegacyGT.com

CANADIAN STI vs EVO PRICING CONFIRMED

dan_m

WRX STI Brembo® brake system, STI branded

18" BBS forged aluminum alloy wheels

Xenon High Intensity Discharge headlights (low beam)

DVD Player with 7" tilt adjustable screen

Navigation with monitor system

Starting at $44,995

The boldly styled Lancer Evolution GSR, equipped with an intercooled-turbocharged 291 hp, 2.0 litre DOHC, MIVEC engine and 5-speed manual transmission has a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $41,498.

The Lancer Evolution MR, which comes standard with a 6-speed Twin-Clutch Sportronic® Shift Transmission (TC-SST) has a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $47,498.

The top of the line Lancer Evolution MR Premium features a 650 watt (max) Rockford Fosgate® stereo with 9 speakers, and has a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $51,498. All of these prices are exclusive of taxes, freight and PDI.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

It's a brand new car with pent up demand in Canada. We've never had the EVO before.

I'm not surprised that Subaru has reduced costs on all their models in 08, thanks to serious pressure from consumers and the Gov't. The STi dropped, what, $5 Grand?

The EVO is a direct competitor to the STI, and it also looks tremendously better IMO than the dog ugly STi... so they obviously feel that they can get $50K plus plus for the top model.

There will be idiot rich kids lining up in droves to buy this car. And Mitsu isn't going to be bringing in tons of them either. Supply and Demand.

With the strength of the Canadian dollar, why are these cars so expensive relative to the US? Is the Canadian VAT added to the list prices? Just ignorant and curious...

Just more taxes, fees, etc. etc. that get passed down to the customer which are ultimately thanks to the Canadian government. We are taxed up the a$$ on everything up here, and unfortunately cars suffer the same fate.

Just more taxes, fees, etc. etc. that get passed down to the customer which are ultimately thanks to the Canadian government. We are taxed up the a$$ on everything up here, and unfortunately cars suffer the same fate.

I hate Canada. Come on everyone! Rally! We hate Canada! :spin:

Yikes.

Considering the financial issues they've had over the years, and the fact that they don't offer another vehicle that I'd consider owning... it's funny that they will now get all high and mighty on their magical EVO.

I can see this coming. The moms and dads in my town will have to shell out big bucks over MSRP to get their deserving college-going son into one of these beasts.

I cannot even guess as to what insurance will be for a single male under the age of 25.:eek:

Archived