LegacyGT.com

Canada loses the GT Sedan and Wagon

Keeps the GT Spec B sedan only. that is a gutsy move.

A BAD FRIKKIN' MOVE, but a gutsy one.

Somebody needs to smack north-american Subaru management up-side the head, metaphorically. (or Literally, if it would help them get the clue they seem to need.)

Reading this press release is painful. What a jumble of facts in near-random order. Badly done, as they mostly write about equipement changes from 2007, not what equipment is on each model. For example, I can't find a reference to the fact that the 2.5i Touring Package has a sunroof.

Also, the 2.5i Touring package has a PZEV engine, but the way it is written, it doesn't seem so. PZEV appears to be the new designation of the base model.

They are apparently missing the boat on pricing, trying to make us forget that the canadian dollar is now at par with the US dollar.

Hopefully, they will offer the 4000$ rebate like they did for most of the 2008 model run.

I found on the Canadian Subaru site a Contact Us...it requires filling out a form and including your current VIN number and I would encourage all those who might be making purchase in the next year or so...to write.

As I pointed out on the Canadian Form...I know from my experience in organizational development....letters and volume of letters change decision makers minds....the key would be for all the Canadian (and one ex-pats) to flood their server...it will get there attention.

Here is the web form http://www.subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?We...&WebSiteID=282

Thats a bad move because I currently saw in increase in GT sales, havent seen a single spec B in montreal yet.

True. A 8000$ rebate has been available to boost sales of the GT for most of the 2008 MY.

The Spec b is now listed at close to what the GT was listed at. Still, I think it won't sell. 42 k$ is smack in the pricing range of Audi A4 Quattro (new more powerful 2.0T engine in 2009) and BMW 328Xi (coming in 2009 with mild facelift and standard equipment upgrade for Canada).

If I am going to pay Audi/BMW money for a Subaru sports sedan, I might as well drive an Audi/BMW

I agree at that amount for a turbo I too would by a Audi/BMW and both of those models come in wagon...there are one of each on the street here in Lachine.

What is discouraging is the fact that in the 4sq kilometers of where I live...there are 2 GT 2005 and up wagons for every one normally aspirated models.

Still say we should write them and see what their answer is..

Thats a bad move because I currently saw in increase in GT sales, havent seen a single spec B in montreal yet.

Agreed in Vancouver / Richmond.

I've seen 2 spec B's in my life. One in 06 (when they weren't even imported here... yet it had BC plates, its a mystery, even though I've tried to contact the owner) and one recently that must've been an 07 or 08 (it had the hot 18" euro wheels. It looked great.

How many TSX, TL, 328, 335i G35 / G37's I've I seen on the road in the last few years...?

Please, they number in the hundreds.

agreed. We general masses don't want wagons. And the ones who want a fast one turn to Euro sleds.

You know how many fast euro wagons I see here? hardly any. The market here is infinitesimal. Why not buy a X5 4.4i, it goes over more rocks?????

Here in Montreal...the eurowagons are everywhere...on my street alone there is a new BMW 3 wagon and Audi A4 and A3

My doctor told me today that his first new car was a Legacy...and he still misses it...what does he have now...an A4 (Wagon?) no his girl friend did not like it, otherwise yes....loved the Legacy for driving in the city in Montreal...A4 for the Highway...why purchase the A4...gas mileage.

Stopped in to the Subaru dealer in Hull (across the river from Ottawa) on the way up to the Cottage. 0 Forresters, 1 Tribeca, 1 Outback, 1 2.5i Legacy Sedan, the rest of his 40 cars were split just about even between Legacy Touring Wagons and Impreza of all types. Service Manager here said that the Wagons out sell the sedans 2 to one.

^ Canadians are sensible then. Outbacks are pointless for most people. Sedans are useless.

Canadians would have balls if they offered the 09 GT SpecB wagon. SWP/black w/all SpecB features :eek:

08 GT MT Canadian wagons are really the rarest wagons....

Too bad I was late to learn about the rebate which made the price somewhat acceptable. But the downside was the color choices sucked.

So now I rock 05 SWP/black LTD GT wagon in addition to my 05 ABP unLTD GT.... :)

Archived