LegacyGT.com

Can I haggle $24,400 w/ $4000 down @ 3.9 APR for 60 months? ....

first5.0

We've all read the hundreds of threads talking about haggling and who spent this for that.

My question.

Do you think it's possible for me to ask for $24,400 with a $4,000 down payment at 3.9% APR over 60 months (not through SOA) on an '05 RBP GT 5MT sans spoiler? No other options that I know of.

The salesman that I'm working with (very nice guy) told me this car's MSRP is $26,570 and the 'Sale Price' on the vehicle is $23,487 before TTL (out the door equaling $24,970). This was a demo-car with between 100-200 miles on the ODO. No idea of build date.

Thanks.

btw - I have tier 1 credit with a credit score of 747 (probably higher now that i paid off my last car loan). The bank I went through for my previous car loan is offering 7.3% for tier 1 credit but they are not a credit beureau so I know I can get a lot lower from somewhere else.

I looked into that 3.9APR deal before I bought my car, out the door price was 26,9 on an 05 LGT 5EAT with homelink and no spoiler (for the 1st week) I asked himto give me a monthly payment based on this alleged 3.9 and it was like $600 a month! I'm not sure if their financing is weird with a high per diem or what, so I financed through my bank at like 7 something, dont even recall now, and the payment is high 300s..

hope that helps, he could have made a mistake, but just make sure that all the characteristics of the financing are equal or better before you make a desicion.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I think you can do better on the price.

Invoice for the car is about $24700. Rebates are either $1500 or $2000, depending on your area, plus a possible $500 factory to dealer incentive. And a lot of people have been able to get it under invoice before rebates, as there's the 3-4% holdback, plus yours is a demo model. No ideal what TTL is, so just mentioning price before TTL.

No idea about your financing though. If you can get 3.9 from non-soa, that's good. best I've seen on like e-loan and stuff is 5.5 i think.

I got my 05 two weeks ago for $23,500, no options base model.

I am at 4.5% over 4 years though (and 6 k down), interest rates are higher now through SOA, I had to haggle them down on the interest rate as well though. Ended up going through one of the semi local credit unions.

'20 Legacy XT Touring

13 Subarus and counting: http://jmaigroup.com/subarus/

I looked into that 3.9APR deal before I bought my car, out the door price was 26,9 on an 05 LGT 5EAT with homelink and no spoiler (for the 1st week) I asked himto give me a monthly payment based on this alleged 3.9 and it was like $600 a month!

Did you ask him what the length of the loan was? It was probably 3 or 4 years. Here Subaru had a "special" 1.9% financing for those with good credit, but that was for only TWO YEARS. It went up to 2.9% for three years, 3.9% for four, etc.. And if you took that you couldn't use the $1500 rebate. :rolleyes:

Needless to say I took the 1500 off.

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Yeah you can haggle... I haggled with 2 dealers until one said I can't give it to you for that price... Then I left. 4 Hours later he called and said "his manager" said that he will "make an exception" for me.

Trust me they get the cars for much less than you think.

timonium.

they want to sell me a RBP 5mt GT with all weather floor mats and auto dimming mirror for 27,188 with a dealer discount of 2,264. they added a stupid pin stripe for 188. after all processing fees, ttl, etc the total is $26,850.

the vehicle is at another location so i put $1000 down to have them bring it over. i can choose to opt out and get my money back if i decide i don't like it.

i don't think i'm gonna go for it.

You mite wanna try Bel Air Subaru,,,the 05s are going quick but they have a few,Iknow they have a white sedan,check their inventory.They have always treated me right.

Good luck

Rudy

ps ,,the car I just bought was a July 05 also,,no probs 100 miles on it when I bought it.

Archived