LegacyGT.com

Camber bolts

LittleBlueGT

Some people call them "crash bolts", but whatever with that. When you drive hard, all sorts of $hit can happen.

I believe they are referred to that because they are used to correct alignment issues on cars involved in crashes.

ignore him, he'll go away.

If you are driving hard, I wouldn't get them.

I know of two folks that had Aftermarket Camber bolts fail...

agree, I got some on ebay and they're much smaller diameter bolts than stock.

We also sell those SPC camber bolts and I have yet to hear of one fail (going on 2 years). When we took a Honda Fit with a supercharged K20 to Buttonwillow we ran 2 cam bolts per strut for about -3 in the front pushing that car as hard as it will possibly go and the cam bolts worked fine. The only negative i've heard with them is that they can sometimes slip and you loose your camber settings. I wouldn't be concerned with running them.

1 was some fun mountain driving, the other was Auto-X

Yups they straight up slipped on me. After all that time it took to get it just right. After completing one autox pass they slipped and were so outta whack. I tightened that sucker down extra tight too but it didn't matter. I have since switched to camber plates.

• 6 months later...
If you are driving hard, I wouldn't get them.

I know of two folks that had Aftermarket Camber bolts fail...

Bump that... important info is missing. What brand failed?

when it comes to these bolts, there are two things you need to do.

1. DO NOT EVER use them to replace the stock front camber bolts. They go in the bottom hole.

2. Make sure they are set to the max negative position. This insures that they will not slip.

Also get a good bolt that is actually cammed and doesn't just have a little tab stuck on the side.

I've been using the same set of intrax bolts for over three years now on two cars. They've been driven on hard and over all types of terrain including rally-x. No problems.

I can't remeber if the stock bolts use the cam to force camber positive or more negative. If the cam part forces camber more negative, a simple shim would do the trick. if the cam forces things positive, a bit of machining could work... with some risk.

huh? the cam can point either way to do both.

2nd, I run -1.5 up front with stock bolts, tokicos and Ion springs.

Maybe I should supply more info:

Lowered 1.25 inches on coil-overs. Stock bolts gave me -1.5.

Then I added WL RC kit, and that changed things to a max of -1.0 (of course on compression now I get more neg camber, up to -2.8............played around on the alignment rack for 3 hours yesterday!)

Then the addition of the other camber bolts in the bottom slot gave me the ability to run -1.5 static again.

Archived