41 members have voted

1. 1. which car would you buy

• 08 spec b w/68k mi for $20,500
    • 08 gt manual trans w/31,500mi $19,800
    • 07 lexus gs350 w/40k mi for $26,500
    • 07 infinity m35x w/47,500 mi for $22,900

Help me out guys....

these are 2 08 models.....

1st up, a spec b with 68k miles listed for $20,500 from a dealer. grey with black int. this is my favorite color.

2nd, a gt manual trans with 31,500miles listed for $19,800 private party. black, which is my least favorite color, because i hate keeping up with the dings, and keeping it clean. no offense to people who like black, but i think it's kinda boring as well. also the only car without factory nav.

i wish the spec b had lower miles. this will be a work/daily commuter, and i drive a lot. i'm thinking i can talk the dealer down to $18,500 hopefully, and the private party to about the same if not $18,000 flat.

some other cars i was thinking about to throw in the mix were.....

an 07 lexus gs350 awd with 40k miles for asking price of $26,500 at a dealer fully loaded with nav with 0.9% financing. auto trans.

and

an 07 infinity m35x with 47,500 miles for an asking price of $22,900 at a dealer fully loaded with nav as well. awd automatic trans.

I purchased my 08 spec.B back in March and I got it with 33k miles on it for just under 26k. It had a stage 2 already done to it all done by a professional shop and i LOVE the car. I came from an 04 WRX stage 2 and i like the spec.B alot better. I know the miles seem a bit high and I know you can have the dealer chop down that price a little I say go for the spec.B just because of the seats, bilsteins and 6 speed and rear diff. IMO
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Just as a heads up from a diamond gray LGT owner, it shows a lot of the dirt and dents too. Not nearly as bad as a black car, but it still shows a decent amount. However, the DGM is just as dead sexy as black when its clean.

With that said, I would go for the spec.B and not think twice about it.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Go with the spec.B just because I'm biased... If you want a manual trans with OEM Nav, it will be your only option. The seats are nicer, it has a better trans that gives you to option to install a STi front LSD cheaper than the 5-speed MTs, Bilsteins suspension, and it's the color you want. Try to beat up the dealer a bit on the price for that mileage.

9 months ago I got a 08 spec.B with 200 miles on it that had never left the subaru dealer's lot (never sold) for $24K. It's still bluebooks for more than that today with 15K miles on it.

Basically you may find a better deal on a car that dealer can't sell than a used car.

It really depends on what you're into and what you're planning. I'd immediately get rid of the Lexus option. I'm not a fan of anything Lexus unless it costs over 300 grand.

If you don't want to mod and want more luxury, get the M35x.

If you want to lightly mod to about 300 crank horse power or so, get the LGT.

If you want to keep the car stock but you are looking for a sporty DD, get the Spec B.

If you want to highly mod the car, no question get the Spec B.

Stay away from the Lexus and the Infiniti if you want a sportier vehicle. I am a huge Infiniti fan, and the owner of a G37, but the previous body style M was NOT one of Infiniti's stronger vehicles. It falls pretty short of what its competition is capable of. It's also in a slightly different league of car when it comes to size than the Legacy is. That's not to say the M is a bad car, it certainly isn't. The M's competition from BMW and Audi are just superior to the M, and can be had for a very reasonable price used.

I voted for the GT, although I prefer the SpecB. I just can't justify that kind of money for a SpecB with so many miles, when a GT can be had for slightly less.

Definitely go for the spec b, and this is coming from a 2008 lgt owner, if spec -b's weren't 6-7 grand more then the GT when i bought my car i would have got one.

The 6spd, r180 rear, nav, interior, and suspension goodies, etc are definitely worth more then the extra miles on it IMO.

Try to talk then down a bit on the price, but for the same $$$ i would take a spec b over a gt all day even though it has more miles.

Definitely go for the spec b, and this is coming from a 2008 lgt owner, if spec -b's weren't 6-7 grand more then the GT when i bought my car i would have got one.

The 6spd, r180 rear, nav, interior, and suspension goodies, etc are definitely worth more then the extra miles on it IMO.

Try to talk then down a bit on the price, but for the same $$$ i would take a spec b over a gt all day even though it has more miles.

your still not getting my interior but yea what he said :)

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Archived