LegacyGT.com

Building My DOHC EJ25?

Well, my '97 LGT has 142,000 miles on it with a rust free body. I have now began to consider building the motor. I would like to upgrade my pistons, rings, replace the valves. Basically, I want to rebuild the motorhttp://images.nasioc.com/ubb-files/smilies/biggrin.gif. The car has never had the head gaskets replaced and I am not sure about the timing belt. My questions for everybody on here are where can I find the internals for my DOHC EJ25? I have been looking on the internet and haven't had much luck finding anything. Also, to do an engine rebuild exactly what parts will be needed? What parts can I use over again? I will really appreciate as much help as I can get... Also I have heard about people doing STI conversions on my car? If I were to consider doing that where could I find an STI motor and manual trans? Also what parts would I need to replace to do an STI conversion?

Thank You!

Andrew.

I once considered a rebuild and turbo addition to a 97 LGt I had . Probably easier to just swap out and put a WRX or STI motor in it. Ebay and nasioc forums have used engines you can find easily. When you put the cost together you may ultimately find it easier just to buy a used WRX or LGT . I eventually added up the options and went WRX route followed by LGT.

^^ x2

If you want something fast, start out with a better platform. It's cheaper in the long run and your money will be better spent. More bang for the buck...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived